28- Arjun

I sat and waited at the spire, tears still fresh. Gwaine had been there long before me, mumbling something about "not doing goodbyes." I huffed, rolling my eyes at his melodrama. He sat beside me, pulling a bottle from within his cloak, and pouring me a glass. "Where'd you get that from?" I questioned. "Magic." He replied monotonously, handing me a full glass while he drank straight from the bottle. I took a sip, grimacing at the taste. But I relished it nonetheless, knowing taste would not be a luxury I'd be enjoying for a long time.

Also, I punched him in the side. Hard. Gwaine grunted in response, grimacing as he held his side. "What the fuck was that for?!" He cursed, scowling at me. "For Evelyn." I told him, staring into the horizon and not giving him the grace of a single glance. "For not bothering to say goodbye." He huffed, settling back down and relaxing somewhat. "I don't do goodbyes."

"That doesn't mean other people don't want them anyway. Especially from you."

A moment of silence. "No lecture?" He questioned irritably, to which I laughed bitterly. "No. This will be your regret to live with." Gwaine let out a grunt, but didn't have any remarks to give after that.

Vulkan appeared an hour later. I stood, handing my glass to Gwaine. It disappeared the moment it made contact with his gauntlets. "Ready?" I asked, and Vulkan could only give the slightest of shrugs. We all knew what we had to do now.