Someday ≫ Injured! Brick x Female! Kittypet! Reader

Art: envyouscat

⚠️ Warnings ⚠️
• Some gore
• A teensy, tiny bit of angst

****

You strolled lazily out of your twoleg's den, arching your spine in a long stretch while flexing your front claws. It was a scorching-hot summer morning, the kind that made you want to find a shady corner sheltered by a nice tree or bush and plop down for a nap.
You scanned your backyard for any good spots, but the sun was touching pretty much everything in sight.
Well, this sucks. You thought irritably as you stepped off the last stone step and onto the grass. I guess I could see if Chester's yard has any shade.
You began trotting lightly across the grass, carefully stepping around the strange objects your twoleg left laying around.
You reached the very back of your yard a moment later, then bunched your muscles underneath you and sprang onto the top of the wooden barrier, your collar jingling with the sudden movement.
You turned and were about to start making your way to your neighbor's yard, but before you could, a flicker of movement next to a patch of wild lilacs caught your eye.
You froze, stilling yourself and crouching down. It appeared to be a small orange butterfly or some other bug, but the closer you looked, the more was revealed. It turned out to be a rust-colored tabby pelt showing through the flowers, spotted with crimson. A low, pained groan sounded from the lilacs, causing your heart to flutter in your chest.
That's obviously a cat, You concluded as you prepared to leap off the fence. and I think they're hurt.
You landed on the soft grass with a gentle thud, standing back up and giving yourself a quick shake. You began to cautiously approach the bushes, ears perked and jaws open as you tasted the air. The unpleasant tang of blood touched your nose, and you flinched and resisted the urge to retch. This wasn't about you anymore; someone was in trouble.
You were mere inches away from the lilacs when a hoarse, tired voice called out from deep within the branches.
"Wh-who's there? Don't... Agh... Don't try nothin' funny!"
You blinked, peering cautiously between the purple flowers. It was definitely a tom, but he didn't sound like any cat that lived around here.

"I'm not going to hurt you," You replied slowly, taking another step forward. "I just want to make sure you're okay. Can you tell me how I can help you?"
Silence followed your words, and for a moment, you found yourself wondering if you were losing your mind and you had imagined the whole thing.

Then, the mysterious tom replied, his voice pained and raspy. "Ya can help me outta these damn bushes, if ya don't mind. The branches are diggin' into my skin!"

"Alright," You responded, carefully lifting a branch with your paw. "Just hold on, alright? I'm coming in." You crouched down low, crawling forward and flattening your ears as the branches scraped against your head and spine. The bush was thick and dark, and just when you thought you would never find the injured tom, your whiskers brushed soft fur and the smell of blood wafted over you.
Carefully, you felt your way around his body until you came face-to-face with a pair of dark amber eyes glinting in the shadows.
"Alright," You meowed, taking a deep breath.
"Are you okay to walk for just a second?"

He shifted, then hissed in pain.
"N-no, I don't think so."
You allowed your gaze to travel across him, and you had to stifle a gasp of shock when you noticed the gaping, dark red wound on his left hind leg. It was wide-open and pulsing, leaving a small puddle of crimson underneath him.

"What on Earth happened?" You gasped, your eyes wide. "You look like you've been mauled by a dog!"

The rust-colored tabby snorted in mock amusement, struggling to sit up.
"That's exactly what happened. I was wanderin' down the street next to that old wooden twoleg den when a stupid, slobbering mutt charged outta the ruins n' grabbed my leg." He cast a glance behind him, wincing.
"Hurts pretty bad."

"I can see that," You meowed, your heart aching for the injured tom.
"Lean against my shoulder. I'll help you out of this bush."
He nodded, and you gently braced yourself against him, feeling your ears heat up as his rippling muscle brushed against you.
He groaned loudly as you heaved him to his paws, a sound like a dying monster.
"Easy does it," You reminded him gently.
"Just keep leaning on me."
After a long few moments, you were finally able to get him out of the lilacs and onto the cool grass outside. He immediately collapsed, hitting the ground with a wet thump.
You watched him for a moment, feeling a bit apprehensive. You'd never had to help an injured cat before, but you knew how to clean a wound.
"This will probably hurt," You warned him as you crouched down by his sprawled out limb.
"Brace yourself."

He raised an eyebrow, gazing at you suspiciously through feverish amber eyes.
"What in the name of— GAH!" He let out a sharp cry as you began rasping your tongue over his wound.
"Ya killin' me ova here!" He snarled through gritted teeth, writhing underneath you.

"Keep still," You meowed, lifting your head to spit out a mouthful of his blood. "It's almost over."
You bent your head and continued licking the deep gash, all while the injured tom cursed and screamed like an angry raccoon.
Finally, the bleeding came to a stop, and there was nothing left of the gruesome injury but an open gash.
"Done." You meowed with satisfaction. "Does it feel any better?"

The tom grimaced, opening his eyes and craning his neck to look at his wound.
When he saw it, his eyes widened in surprise.
"Wow," He muttered, turning to look at you.
"that feels loads better. Thanks, doll."

You smiled, pride swelling in your chest.
"It was no trouble. I'm just glad I got to help."
The rusty tabby smiled back, but only slightly.
He definitely struck you as the strong, silent type.

"I gotta go," He meowed gruffly after a moment. "Personal affairs, y'know? It was nice meetin' ya, uh..." He trailed off, his eyes traveling across you as he waited for you to tell him your name.

You smiled. "(Y/N). My name is (Y/N)."

The injured tom chuckled, standing up.
"Well, it was nice meetin' ya, (Y/N). The name's Brick."

You let your gaze travel over him for a moment, your pelt heating up. He was the most attractive tom you had ever seen in your life.
"I'm glad I could help you, Brick. Be careful out there, okay?"

Brick chuckled again, tucking his wounded leg underneath him.
"Will do, doll-face. Will do."
Then, he limped past you and into the wild forest, leaving you alone by your fence.
You watched him leave, a strange pang in your chest. You wished he could've stayed just a little longer— you wanted to know more about him.
"Oh, well." You sighed softly, turning and leaping back onto the wooden fence.
"Maybe someday."

****

I wanted to get one more one-shot done before I leave on my weekend trip tomorrow. I probably won't have much time to write this weekend or next week, but who knows.

I think this has the potential for a sequel. Let me know if you would like that!