𝟷𝟹

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗞𝗜𝗦𝗦

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

once the room was ready for interrogating will, hopper, mike , jonathan and joyce were the ones to go inside with will while the others were to stay inside the house. everyone was scattered around, waiting for a response, victoria had decided to go outside, wanting to be away from the dark atmosphere inside.

the girl had been playing with a rock on the ground in front of her, when someone came outside. steve stood just a few feet away from victoria, leaning on his bat as he looked at the girl. "hey." victoria replied with a small smile, at least with steve she didn't ever have to fake her smiles.

"what are you thinking about?" steve asked, "i just want this to be over. i want to go home and just stop thinking about all this." "yeah, trust me the feeling's mutual, i mean these little shits aren't that bad but i kinda just want to go to a diner and chow down on a burger." steve said smiling, being careful to leave out the part where he wanted victoria to accompany him.

but victoria reached a different conclusion, to her there was only one obvious reason steve wouldn't want to be here: "i- i know it must be hard for you right now. i mean, jonathan told me something happened with him and nancy, so i'm...sorry." steve furrowed his brows.

"sorry for what?" he asked. "i know you wanted to get back together with nancy, and now she is with jonathan so..." steve shook his head, "no actually, it is you who wanted me to get back with nancy, i am perfectly happy with her being with jonathan."

victoria stared at steve, unable to say anything. steve took a step closer to her, it was now or never he thought as he psyched himself up to ask victoria the questions he wanted to ask her. "tori, you told me that you don't like lying to me right? after what happened with the mind flayer, you said that you don't want to lie to me again."