𝟶𝟾

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝗣𝗔𝗧𝗧𝗜 𝗦𝗠𝗜𝗧𝗛

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

victoria woke up with a start, the unfamiliar surroundings startling her before she turned her head to see steve still asleep beside her, his head head was leaning backwards, while his arm was looped loosely around victoria's waist, looking back a...

victoria woke up with a start, the unfamiliar surroundings startling her before she turned her head to see steve still asleep beside her, his head head was leaning backwards, while his arm was looped loosely around victoria's waist, looking back at this moment victoria thought she might regret it, she might regret how she looked at steve the way a girlfriend looks at her boyfriend.

she looked at him the way she saw joyce looking at bob newby now a days. but in that moment, the moment right after she woke up, her brain still feeling fuzzy from sleep, her body relaxed as she was so easily molded against steve, just as she tried to move the boy tightened his hold on her, bringing his head down and resting his cheek over her own head as he pushed her towards his chest.

mumbling incoherently in his sleepy state, if victoria could, she would have stayed this way for as long as she could, but she had no choice, she had to go back home some time and steve would wake up very soon.  shaking him slightly victoria whispered "steve, steve wake up. i need to go home." groaning steve woke up, his eyes finding victoria's "hi" he whispered "hi" she whispered back. realising their position steve stood up immediately rubbing a hand over his face "i-i think i should drop you off at your house, the chief must be worried." he stuttered out, without waiting for a response he went up the stairs to his own room to change.

victoria tried hard to not feel dejected, but she couldn't help it, she couldn't help the way she felt stupid for letting herself get carried away in the fantasies she built for herself. girls like her didn't get to have fantasy moments, her and el, they had no choice but to watch the world around them be happy while they were stuck just watching it pass, no matter how much they wanted it, they couldn't get the things they most desired.

a few minutes later steve came back down, dressed in a normal pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt, he saw that victoria had gathered all of her own belongings and was standing near the front door, ready to leave.

as he sat in the car the radio was on a random chanel 'the warrior' by patty smith playing on low, steve immediately leaned forward to increase the volume, the awkward air between him and victoria was unusual for the both of them, he had never felt this way around her, after last night, the whole nancy thing, then victoria practically breaking down in front of him and then waking up with his arms wrapped around her was confusing.

but at least patty smith could bring him some calm, he snuck a glance towards victoria to see that she had a confused look on her face as she stared at the stereo "Patti smith." steve spoke making victoria look at him "the singer, it's patti smith." "you like her?" she asked steve.