Dig Dug and The Spy

"Listen," Steve paced by his car, "I've been thinking... I love you. I'm sorry."

Sophie sighed and sunk back into the passenger seat of Steve's car. He had woken her up at an ungodly hour to help him pick the right flowers to use to go apologize to Nancy. Sophie had no clue what he was apologizing for, to her, it seemed that he had done nothing wrong.

"I'm sorry?" Steve started walking to the door, "What the hell am I sorry for?"

"Steve!" Dustin called from by the door, "Are those for Mr. or Mrs. Wheeler?"

Steve replied, confused, "No?"

"Good," Dustin grabbed them out of Steve's hand.

"Hey. What the hell!" When Dustin didn't respond he yelled louder, "Hey!"

"Nancy isn't home." 

"Where is she?"

"It doesn't matter," Dustin pulled on the back door of Steve's car, "We have bigger problems than your love life." He sat down in the backseat, door still ajar, "Do you still have that bat?"

"Why?"

"I'll explain on the way." Dustin shut the door, forcing Steve to get into the drivers seat to talk to him further.

By the time they got close to Dustin's house it was completely dark outside. He had explained to the Harringtons that against the rest of the party's wishes, he had kept Dart. Steve, however, did not believe that Dart was anything other than a lizard. 

"Wait a second," Steve questioned, "How big?"

"First he was like this," Sophie showed with her fingers.

"Now," Dustin widened his hands, "he's like this."

"I swear to god, guys," Steve scolded, "it's just some little lizard, okay?"

"He's not a lizard!" The younger kids both yelled at once.

"How do you know?"

"Because his face opened up and he ate my cat!"

Sophie mouth opened, "Mews?"

"Yeah."

That had shut Steve up for the rest of the ride to Dustin's. As they were pulling into his driveway, Sophie felt a sharp pain in her stomach.

"Ah!" She cried.

"Hey," Steve looked at his sister, "What's wrong?"

The pain spread, from the top of her chest to the bottom of her stomach, causing her to scream out.

"Stop the car!" Sophie spoke up.

Steve slid the car into park and Sophie opened the passenger door of the car. She tried to stand up, but the pain was too much. She slid onto the ground and curled into a ball.

"Shit, Sophie!" Dustin hopped out of the car, "Are you okay?"

Steve ran over and grabbed her by the back of her arms, lifting her off the ground.

"I think I'm going to puke." She told her brother.

He led her over to the grass and pulled her hair back. Sophie could feel something crawling up her throat. Finally, it got to the point where she gagged, causing her to vomit in the grass.

Except it wasn't typical vomit, it had a vine in it.

Just like the ones she had seen in her visions, just like the ones in the upside down.

"What the hell is that?" Dustin gawked. 

Sophie brushed his question off, all pain gone after she had thrown up, "We have more important things to deal with right now."