Chapter 8

"They will be here

"They will be here."

______________🥀____________

Natalie

"Politely Fuck off and lose my number."

I scoffed pulling my phone away from my ear. I hit the end call button. Naya didn't answer again which is most likely because she turned her phone on silent to fall asleep, it has happened many times. Or she's doing something she's not supposed to do. I thought about calling Bella but she's probably not going to answer. That only left Uncle Charlie.

"Miss. Swan, may I have a word with you?" Someone asked. I turned with a frown seeing the art teacher, Ms. Mayfield. I stopped frowning and gave her a fake smile.

"Of course." I said politely. I stood there confused as to why she wanted to talk to me. "Have I done something wrong?"

"No, no." She waved the question off. "I couldn't help but notice that your sister hadn't attended school today."

"Yes ma'am. She had an accident last night so my uncle had her stay on bed rest." I informed her. She nodded with a look of understanding and concern.

"Will she be alright?" She asked and I nodded immediately.

"Yeah. The doctor said she rolled her ankle when she fell down the stairs." I blunty told her. I watched as her mouth dropped in shock.

"Fell down stairs?" She asked in disbelief. I nodded again.

"My cousin has been having nightmares since the whole lost in the woods incident. Naya went to go check on her still half asleep and walking down stairs in the dark. She missed a step and rolled her ankle and fell down the last two." I explained while gripping my bookbag strap.

"Oh wow." She whispers even if she was stunned with this new information. I bit my bottom lip wanting to change the conversation and so I did.

"Was there another reason you called me?" I questioned her. She snapped out of whatever she was thinking about.

"Ah yes."She clears her throat, straightening her shirt and posture. "I'm sure Naya has told you about the art contest, has she not?"

"She has."

"Well, I have never seen such rare and raw talent your sister has before in all my career as being a art teacher. Your sister has a very gifted skill." She spoke in awe while talking about my sister. I nodded along. Naya had always been the one for art. Even if she doesn't like to admit it. She has mad skills. "What I'm trying to say is, if your sister wins the contest she will have great things coming her way."

I stood there not knowing how to respond. It wasn't everyday someone told me my sister could possibly get something out of this simple contest. The top two was going all the way to New York. So it had to have something worth it for the winner.

The sound of the bell ringing brought me out of my thoughts. The art teacher who I honestly forgot the name of, checked her watched before giving me a smile. "Well, I have to go. I do hope to see your sister and cousin Monday."

"They will be here." I told her. Hopefully. I thought as I watched her walk off. I sighed knowing I just have one last class before going home to see what the hell Naya was up to. I looked down at my phone and sent Uncle Charlie a quick text before turning off the screen and heading to my last class.

******
Naya

So here I was, running for my life. Heading straight to bum fucked Egypt cause I was lost along time ago. Why did I have to go into the woods alone? That's my own damn fault. My heart felt like it was fixing to give out. My lungs burned for more oxygen that it was lacking from the unplanned exercise. My mouth felt like SpongeBob coming out of the ocean for the first time.

I was pushed out of my thoughts when I tripped over something and went flying to the ground. I coughed when the air in my lungs was forced out. I didn't hear no paws hitting the ground and that scared me. Was it lurking in the distance waiting for me to get-

"Are you alright, kid?" A familiar voice asked. I turned onto my back and saw the guy that brought Bella home. Relief was all I felt in that moment, but the fear was still strong.

"No, I ain't alright." I hissed at him with my breathing still uneven and heavy. "My ass just ran a marathon cause some mutt decided to run after me."

The man raised an eyebrow with amusement shining in his eyes. "Your scared of dogs?"

"No." I scoffed. "But when a whole huge horse sized dog shows you his teeth. You'll wanna run too. I don't run for nothing so that should tell you alot."

"So you got scared of a dog and ran all the way out here?" The guy question still looking amused.

"It isn't funny." I told him in an angered tone. I stood up dusting myself off. My knees felt like jelly. Out here? Wait what was he doing in Forks? In the woods at that? "Where the hell is here, anyway?"

"You're almost out of the town of Forks." He said and I felt my blood run cold. That dog chased me almost out of Forks. 

"Do what?" I asked stunned. "How the- that damn dog."

"Come on. I'll get you home." The guy gestured me to follow him. I stared at his retreating form.

"What about the huge dog?" I asked worried for my life as I jogged to catch up to him. I wasn't about to become dog meat. "It's bigger than even you! And that says alot considering you're big and muscular!"

"There isn't no such thing out here, kid." He rolls his eyes. I scoffed. "And if there were, I'd know."

"Well, I saw it and I bet it's stalking us right now. I'm too young to die and I sure as hell don't wanna be bitten alive by a dog." I whined looking around only to walk into a tree. "Oof"

I stumbled back and rubbed my head looking up at the man I ran into because he stopped suddenly. "It could've easily been something else kid. Now let's going I have better things to do."

Why was he getting so defensive about the huge dog?  

"Say." I started as I narrowed my eyes at him in thought. "You're big and strong, if that dog does come back. Would you be willing to play the selfless Noble who sacrifices himself to save the girl?"

He gives me a blank stare. I smile innocently up at him. "Come on, kid."

He started walking again. I tilted my head at him before following. "But you didn't answer my question! Also do you live out here in the woods alone? Are you a loner?"