Chapter 22

"Sorry!"

"Sorry!"

_______________🥀______________

Natalie

I dont know what came over me. All I knew was, I was angry. I ran and tackled Naya to the ground. She grunts as I land on top of her. She pushed me off causing me to fall to the ground beside her. She got up with me following. She ran at me and I moved aside but she caught my arm and pulled me down. I felt my heart drop when I caught glimpse of the hill. My body tumbled down a hill harshly. I felt Rocks and sticks poking me on the way down. I splashed into cold muddy water. I kicked my legs and moved my arms until I surfaced. I gasped for air as my head begged me to stop. I heard splashing and turned only to be pushed back into the water. I kicked and hit her leg as I resurfaced. My wet hair stuck to my skin.

She let out a painful grunt but it was cut short when I shoved her head under water. The water bubbled and splashed. I felt an elbow in my stomach that made me let go over her and back away with a gasp of pain. It almost brought me to tears. Naya turned towards me with wet hair sticking to her face.

"You bitch!" She yelled coming at me. I was ready.

"Yeah, I am!" I told her. "But so are you!" She punched me in the face. My head turned and so did my body. I stumbled away with the taste of blood in my mouth. I turned my head and glared at her with adrenaline fueling my body. "Is that all you got?"

"I'll show you what I got!" She came at me. I waited for her to get close to me before throwing a punch. My fist hits her cheek and she lets out a groan before our fight continued. Insults was thrown more then our fists. I don't know when I realized what I was doing. Maybe it was when I shoved Naya back into a rock that was in the water or when her monkey ass jumped on my back and I flipped her.

"What are we doing?" I asked panting hard finally coming to my senses. Naya panted as well.

"It looks and feels like we're kicking each others asses" Naya said breathlessly. Her lip was bleeding and there was a bruise forming on her jaw.

"No. I mean what are we doing, Naya? I mean, we're fighting each other over some stupid argument." I told her before moving my really hurting jaw.

"I mean, it was kinda stupid but you really need to learn to stop mothering me." Naya says giving me a look. "You're not mom and she's not here anymore. It's just you, me, Uncle Charlie and Bella. Uncle Charlie should be the one to get on to me about my cussing or fights, not you. I need you as my sister and not my mom"

My face fell and I gulped. The adrenaline started to leave my body leaving me feeling weak and shaky. "I guess that in someway, I thought me being her would help not only you but me as well." I admitted. "I'm sorry for trying to be mom and scolding you for things that I didn't need to. I'm sorry for hurting you and hiding things from you. I was ungrateful and a bitch when I didn't need or want to be. Truth to be told, I was proud you stood up to them girls without me there. You defended me and instead of thanking you, I made a big argument between us. And if I haven't told you how grateful I am for you to be in my life as my twin and my little sister, I am." Naya sniffed through tears. My heart still beated rapidly. My body started to get tense. I frown and look around. I got that feeling of being stared at.

"Natalie," Naya sighs. "That was a beautiful apology. You should-"

"Something isn't right." I told her becoming more alert.

"What do you mean?" Naya asked frowning at me. My gut was telling me to run. Someone was here with us.

"I think we're being watched." I told Naya in a serious tone. Her face drops. "We need to leave, now."

Naya didn't ask no questions as we made our way out if the water. My soaked clothes was heavy and stuck to my body just like my hair.

"What do we do?" I stared up the hill we came down with dread.

"First, we get up this fucking hill. Then we go home as fast as we can." I told her. I lean my body forward and start walking up the hill. My foot slipped and I fell.

"Fuck," Naya cussed when my foot hit her leg. A sharp slap was placed on my ass. I yelped. "You hit my shin, you ass!"

"Sorry!" I apologized grabbing onto a plant to help pull myself up.

Once we got up to the top we stopped see Uncle Charlie standing outside the house with his arms crossed. I looked both ways before going across the road.

"I hope you two didn't go to rough on each other." He said checking the bruises and blood on our faces. I gave a weak smile hugging my stomach shivering from the cold.

"Yeah," I told him shivering. "I also learned something."

"And what will that be?" He asked raising his eyebrow.

"I learned that Naya really can throw a punch." I said serious. Naya snorts from behind me. "What? It's true. My jaw is hurting badly."

"Let's get inside so you girls can get into some dry and warmer clothes." Uncle Charlie said and I nodded.

"I call dibs on the first shower." Naya calls taking off inside. I watch her with a small smile. Tonight, I've really looked at my sister and noticed things about her that I've ignored. Naya was confident and outspoken anyone just to prove her point when she needs to. She stood up for me and I gave her a disappointed look when instead I should've gave her a proud one. I've learned that I didn't have to protect her like I thought I would need to. I now knew she was going to protect herself. But that doesn't necessarily mean that I won't stop protecting her. She's my little sister and will always be.

I turned my head towards the woods. Someone was in there. And it was a matter of time until they show themselves. I just hope their intentions were not to kill us.