"In the house?"

"The whole planet?"

"No, outside the house."

The siblings all said in a rush, trying to get the concept of absolute doom down.

Emery rubbed at his temples (a motion he was begin to suspect he would be doing a lot of in his final days) and spoke, louder than the others. "It's the apocolypse." He said. "Everyone dies. Including you and Luther and Diego and the bloody neighbors cat. Everybody."

Everyone fell silent not just because of what Emery had said, but because Vanya had walked in, a man trailing behind her. He smiled in a way that could be passed as nervous and folded his hands behind his back.

"Hey," said Vanya. "What's going on?"

Allison opened her mouth and looked to the others in support. "It's a family matter." She finally settled on.

Emery looked up at her with an expression that could only mean 'are you stupid'.

"A family matter." Vanya repeated dryly. "So you couldn't bother to include me. And him?" She jutted her chin towards Emery who wanted to fall into a hole and die. "He's not family. What's he doing here?"

"No, it's not that. We were-" Luther tried to fix the mistake but Vanya was moving away.

"Don't let me interrupt." She said.

"Vanya, wait." Allison said, going after Vanya. "I'll fill you in later when we're alone."

"Please, please, don't bother. And I won't either."

"Vanya, that's not fair."

"Fair?" Vanya repeated incredulously. "There's nothing fair about being your sister. I have been left out of everything for as long as I can remember. And I used to think it was Dad's fault, but he's dead. So it turns out you're the assholes." Vanya turned around and walked out, the man she was with following behind.

Emery didn't know who he was or when he had shown up but there was something in the way he looked at Allison before he followed her out was unnerving. In fact, his whole presense was dissuading and Emery found himself moving over to the window to watch him leave.

"I'm going to go find Vanya and explain." Allison said, moving to follow after the pair.

"No, wait, there isn't time." Luther insisted. "We need to figure out what causes the apocalypse. Now, there are loads of possibilities. Nuclear war, asteroids. But I'm thinking this is about the Moon. Right?" Emery mentally facepalmed and closed his eyes for an extended amount of the time as he faced the window. "Dad must have sent me up there for a reason. And I was giving him daily updates on the conditions, I sent field samples. So the first thing we need to do is find his research."

"Woah, woah, woah, hold on, hold the phone." Klaus interjected. "We all died fighting this thing the first time around. Remember?"

"Klaus shockingly has a point." Diego agreed. "What gives us a win this time?"

"Five." Luther responded without any hesitation. "Last time we didn't have him. We weren't all together. This time we'll have the full force of the Umbrella Academy. That's what we need."

"Yes, but we don't have that now, do we." Emery said tiredly.

"We also have him." Diego gestured to Emery. "But I have no clue how that would give us the edge up on this."

"Trust me," Emery said. "I'm trying to figure that out too." After all, wasn't that the only reason Five had kept him so close?

"So, where's Five now?" Allison asked.