Chapter 15: The Golden Arches

Start from the beginning

"I love how it's just rain coming down. I mean, thunderstorms are nice from a distance, but they scare me if they're close or bad."

"Yeah, thunder can be soothing," Leo agreed, licking his lips before staring at the sheets of water on his windshield.

"It's kind of a gloomy day, weather wise, but I've had a really good one."

"Yeah, me too... Are you hungry?" He looked over at me as I saw a few students running for the buses.

"Yeah, I'm starving. I never eat enough at lunch here."

"Where do you want to go? I'd recommend fast food, but only because I'm short on cash," he softly chuckled.

"You don't have to pay for me. And fast food is fine. It actually sounds better than something healthy."

"You want to stop at McDonald's? I heard the McRib is back, if you like that kind of sandwich."

"Okay. I'm not sure what I want. Their chicken sandwiches are really good too, and their Big Macs are my favorite... I think I'm too hungry right now," I slightly giggled.

"That's okay. I'm really hungry too. Should we ask Tobey and Clementine to come with us? I think they're still in her car over there."

"If you want. I love hanging out with them, and I guess this would be our first time, you know... starting as a couple," I blushed faintly, worried I said too much.

"I guess it would be, but can we not put labels on this yet? I think things are better that way."

"Yeah, it does put less pressure on us. Do you want me to run over to them?"

"Nah, I don't mind getting wet," he claimed, running straight for the vehicle in the mist. He had his hoodie pulled over his head as he knocked on their window, me able to tell he was yelling so they could hear him. In a matter of a couple of minutes he was dashing back over, slamming the door after him. His navy blue jacket was drenched as he revealed his dry, blonde hair. "They said they'll meet us there after the rain lets up."

"I think it's going to rain for forever," I expressed.

"It feels that way. I think it was letting up a little bit when I came back though."

"Can you turn the car on? I'm getting kind of chilly." I hugged myself as he started the engine, allowing the air system to heat up. After another ten minutes we were able to leave, the rain still coming down steadily but much lighter. We parked at the restaurant with the golden arches, Clementine and Tobey laughing as we entered the doors together.

"I don't remember the last time it rained that hard. I think it was that freak thunderstorm where the whole city lost power this summer," Clementine guessed.

"I think I'll have the Daily Double sandwich. I haven't had that in awhile," I admitted as we all looked over the menus above the counter.

"I'm just going to get a Happy Meal. I'm not that hungry. Usually this is the time I have a snack," Clementine giggled a tiny bit.

Eventually all of our orders were in, and we were seated at a booth. Leo and I got our drinks together, me settling for a Coke as he did the same.

"I wonder what toy I got," Clementine gushed, causing Tobey to playfully roll his eyes.

"Is that why you ordered that," he wondered.

"Well, no, but I love what they're giving out right now. It's floating toys from The Little Mermaid. Aw! I got Flounder! I guess they're already on the second toy, since this has a two on it."

"Can I see it," I asked, looking at the adorable, small toy. "I wish Big Macs had these."

"Yeah, but I would gain so much weight. I mean, our favorite sandwiches with Disney toys would be a deadly combination."