CHAPTER TEN

22 ALREADY SUCKS

It's almost midnight and George and Chika are still here.
The party left the whole place in a mess and since they're here, I suggested they join me to clean.

"Why didn't you say anything?" Chika asks as we clean up.
"Say anything about?" I ask
"Your boyfriend" he answers and this time around I do correct him.
"He's not my boyfriend" I say
He gives me a look like he's saying 'Really?'
"You had bigger issues, what was I supposed to say? That I got dumped? You were one step away from being in prison, I was too busy saving you I didnt realize I was supposed to tell you as soon as I and Moses broke up." I say sounding angrier than I intended

George looks at me. He hasn't said anything directly to me since Moses left.
I don't see any reason for them to be angry at me, I should be the one angry for so many reasons; at Moses, at Victoria, at everybody.
I put my hand on my forehead, I feel a headache coming.

"You could have told us" George says without looking at me.
"It wasn't necessary" I tell him "and why are you guys even making this about you? I'm the one who got dumped on my birthday! I'm the one who had a shitty day! And you're pissed at me because I didn't tell you? How selfish is that?!" I add not caring to sugarcoat anything, not being sorry.
It really isn't about them, they're being selfish.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound selfish and Chika didn't mean to either. We just care about you and wish you'll open up more" he says
"yeah, we're sorry" Chika says
"I'm not mad at you guys" it's not a complete lie
"You are" George says partially smiling "You were shouting a minute ago" he adds
"Well, I am mad, but not at you guys" I correct.
"I've always knows he's a bastard" George says.
"George" Chika calls like a warning "not right now" he adds in a lower voice like I can't hear him.
"So, did you see them together?" George asks ignoring Chika.

I know he's trying to make it seem like a normal conversation, talking about my boyfriend's girlfriend, but it's not working.
I know I've acted like I'm okay all day but him showing up here again just made it harder for me.
I wonder if he really did love me, if what he felt for me was more than what he felt for Favor. If he cared enough to show up here, for me, maybe he did realize that him and Favor were just a phase and it's me who's he loves, it's me he wants.

"No, he... He told me himself, I had no clue" I tell them.
"Why would he tell you?" George asks. I think he meant to think it but he accidentally said it, not like I mind, I had also thought about it; why would he tell me?
"George" Chika warns again
"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that" George says hesitantly.
"Let's just hurry and clean up, I really want to sleep" I try to change the topic.
"You can go and sleep nau" Chika says "we'll finish up here" he adds
"yeah, we'll lock up too" George says
I think about it for like two seconds and say "No" with a smile. "I'm not that tired" I add to convince them even though I really am tired.

Chika's phone rings and he leaves to answer the call.

"You okay?" George asks.
He was waiting to be alone before actually talking about it. Chika's our friend but there are some things we'll rather talk about alone, not that it's a secret, we just feel more comfortable that way.

I shake my head 'no'
"You want to talk about it?" he asks again
I fake a laugh "breakups happen George" I say
"I know but... this is different" he stops "Everyone knows how much you liked him" he adds. The look on his face makes me know how hard it was for him to add that.
"I do like him, alot" I admit.
He smiles, a sad smile.
"I'll be okay" I say
"You can go to your room if you want, me and Chika can finish down here" he suggests
"Thanks" I drop the broom not protesting at all. I really am tired. "I'll probably come back down to lock up when you guys leave" I add
"Sure" he smiles
"Tell Chika we'll see tommorow" I say and start walking to my room, away from everyone and everything.

Today was alot; from getting ready to actually getting to Moses' house almost an hour away, to the bar, to the party, to the police station, to cleaning, everything was just a lot.
This is definitely not how I expected my birthday to go.

The end!! Thank you for coming this far.
😂I'm kidding, well, not totally. It is the end.
I'll be updating the epilogue in a week's time, soooo, one more update guysss.