S1 ‹Wound: The Struggle for Trost, Part 8›

Start from the beginning

[Mitabi]: What the?..They are just stupid Titans like everyone else!..-He scoffs, but Mikasa looks at them with concern-

[Mikasa]: Eren! (Y/n)!..

[Soldier]: Captain Ian! Two Titans approaching from the front! A 10-meter and a 6-meter class. Another from the rear, as well! One 12-meter class coming this away!..

Ian stares in surprise as Mitabi tells him.

[Mitabi]: Ian, we must retreat! Look at these! No way is that hole getting sealed!..

[Rico]: Yeah..We have no choice but to leave him here..

Mikasa quickly turns around and gives him a death glare as Ian looks away, a bit intimidating by her gaze.

›–––––––‹

[Soldier]: Red smoke round from the elite force sighted. A serious problem has happened during the mission...

[Soldier 2]:...-He holds his head while sobbing- We're dying for no reason. My friends died for nothing!..

[Cadet]: Hey! Look at that!..-A Cadet points to the smoke, making Armin walk over-

[Marco]:..-Marco's breath hitches a bit- Did they...fail?

[Armin]: Why?..-Armin grinds is teeth and and start running. He puts the gas containers down and continues to run along with Marco yelling-

[Marco]: Hey, Armin! Where are you going?..-But he doesn't answer and continues to run-

[??]: Commander Pixis, we should recall them to defend the gate. Shall I do it?..-He asks, but Pixis responds with a denial- 

[Girl]: Shouldn't we order the elite force to retreat?..

[Pixis]: No. Continue drawing the Titans to the edge of town. The elite force has full tactical discretion. They are not simply excellent soldiers. They're the best of the best, entrusted with humanity's fate. For them to give up so easily would be unimaginable. They'll fight to the end...So the deaths of the fallen will not have been in vain..

›–––––––‹

[Mitabi]: Hey, what's wrong?..Give the order! Ian, it wasn't your fault! The plan was always a long shot. Everyone knew that. It was worth trying, and we took our best shot! Come on! Our squads will climb the walls..

When he finished, he abruptly turned around and started to walk away, making Mikasa look at him in surprise. She takes her blades out and tries to go after him, but Ian stops her from doing so.

[Ian]: Wait!..Calm down, Ackerman..-Mikasa slowly lowers her swords while Ian orders- Rico, your squad will handle the 12-meter Titan behind us. Mitabi's squad and mine will take the two in front..

[Rico]: What?!...

[Ian]: I'm the one they left in charge! Shut up and follow your orders! We can't leave Jaeger and (Y/n) defenseless. I'm changing the plan. We protect Jaeger and (Y/n) from the Titans until we can get them back...-Mikasa and Ian look over their shoulders, looking at the two on the ground- They are still valuable as one of humanity's last hopes. We cannot just abandon them like this. We can be replaced, but they can't be..

[Rico]: The failure of that dysfunctional human weapon has already cost several hundred lives! You're saying we should bring him back, so this can happen again?..