"You can say that I look bad, don't sugar coat it," she scoffed before turning around to head back into the changing room. 

I grabbed her hand and tugged her back while letting out a sigh and locking our fingers together so she couldn't run away too quickly. "You don't look bad. You never do. We both know the dress doesn't fit right in some places and I simply want you to dress in a way that makes you feel good in your own skin. If you like the dress and if you feel confident in it, I won't deny that you look gorgeous in it. You look beautiful in everything." 

She held my gaze, something incomprehensible swirling in her eyes. 

"Even nothing," I smirked. 

Groaning, she rolled her eyes and spun around, heading back into the changing room while I waited outside. It didn't take long for the door to open again, just enough for her to peek outside. "Mom!" 

Maisie stopped, tossing the last dress she rejected at Luke and looked at Jules. 

"Can you help me out?" Jules asked. 

"Ask Christian," Audrey suggested with a shrug while checking herself out in the mirror, analyzing the dress she wore. Her gaze met mine in the mirror and she grinned. 

"Yeah, honey, Christian will help you," Maisie mumbled in a rush before going into the changing room, leaving Luke waiting outside, holding piles of dresses. 

I pushed myself off the wall I was leaning against and walked over to Jules, my lip twitching in amusement as she closed the door further, frowning and pouting at me. 

"Don't peek." 

"I'm not," I chuckled. "Do you need help?" 

"Duh, why else would I ask?"

I rolled my eyes. "Can I help you?" 

"I don't know, can you?" Her gaze narrowed. 

I helplessly grinned. "May I help you, Ms. Declan?" 

Reluctantly, she huffed out, "You may," before stepping aside, staying behind the door until I was inside with her. She stood still for a beat with her back against the wall while she pinched the dress together behind her back using her right hand. 

My eyes drifted to the back of the door where her clothes were hanging before going back to her. "Turn around." 

She hesitated. 

"Don't you trust me?" 

"I choose not to answer that question," she replied before stepping forward and slowly spinning around, letting go of the dress. 

Automatically, my lips parted as I stared. 

"What are you doing? Hurry?" 

I let out a humorless laugh and mumbled, "I wouldn't have chosen this dress if I knew it was like this." 

It was backless, only three tiny little buttons holding it together until the dip in her lower back, right above her tailbone. Above that, there was nothing, and the fabric was designed to form a deep 'V', showing off her back, just shy of displaying the two dimples in the bottom of her spine.