Thirteen: Charlie Bucket (5th Ticket)

Lola steps out of her parent's house and says in the doorstep and says

Lola steps out of her parent's house and says in the doorstep and says. "Bye guys. I’ll talk to Willy about maybe redoing our wedding and renewal our vows for you guys." Lola says, leaving the house and tighten up her coat. She closes the door and left the house. 

She definitely wants to do a public service for renewing their vows since her and Willy had a private ceremony and reception for their wedding. Hopeful Willy will let it happen eventually. 

She crossed her arms tring to keep warm from the chilling weather. 

○○

After the failed attempt of finding the last ticket, Charlie stood in front of the factory. 

"Did you see that some kid in Russia found the last golden ticket?" Charlie heard a man say talking to a man who’s walking his dog even he was walks his dog as well. 

"Yes, it was in the paper this morning." The other man said. 

"Good boy. Come on, George. Good boy." The man said as they walked past Charlie who was so sad about the fact he may not have a chance to see the factory. 

Then he saw the same lady he saw a few days ago but saw that he platinum blonde had pink tips in and she pressed a button to let her in. She looked behind her and saw the boy who helped her before. "Hey, sweetie." 

"Hello, did you heard about the tickets?" He asked. 

"No I didn’t. I was visiting my family. I hardly ever leave the factory and found out about something big." She says. 

"Whst was it?" Charlie asked. 

"My younger sister is engaged, I don’t see her that much.  I’m happy for her." The platinum blonde girl said.

"That’s good to hear." The brown haired boy said. 

"Yeah, it is. I believe that some people need one more chance to get one more lucky shot at big opportunities." She says with a smile and entered the front area of the factory since the gate opens. "Good luck, sweetie." The platinum blonde woman said. 

Charlie smiled at her and remembered that she gave him a $10 dollar bill. He grabbed it from his pocket and thought about doing one last chance for hoping to get the ticket from what the blonde said.

Charlie walked for a few more minutes until came to the candy store. He walked in and approached the counter and present the bill to the shopkeeper. "One Wonka Whipple-Scrumptious Fudgemallow Delight please."

The shopkeeper took the money and gave a bar to Charlie. Charlie began opening up the bar just as the woman beside the Charlie put down the newspaper. It was completely different from the one she saw this morning. 

Russian Ticket a Fake. Still One Ticket Left.

"The nerve of some people." The woman said to the shopkeep. 

"I know." The shopkeep said. "Forging a ticket, come on!" 

Charlie ripped open the wrapper of the bar, revealing a golden ticket inside. 

"It’s a golden ticket." The shopkeep said. Everyone in the shop was now looking at the young boy. "You found Wonka's last golden ticket! In my shop too!"

A man approached Charlie. "Listen, I’ll buy it from you. I’ll give you fifty dollars and a new bicycle."

A woman walked up to Charlie. "Are you crazy? I’ll give him five hundred dollars for that ticket!" The woman smiled at Charlie. "Do you want to sell me that ticket for five hundred dollars young man?"

"That’s enough of that. Leave the kid alone!" The shop owner said and leans closer to Charlie. "Listen. Don’t let anyone have it. Take it straight home, you understand?" 

Charlie smiled at the man. "Thank you." He rushed out the store and Charlie had a grin on his face.

"Mom! Dad!" Charlie called out once he got to the house. "I found it! The last golden ticket! It’s mine!" Helen and Nathan came in the house with vegetables and wood in their hands. Charlie showed the ticket to Grandpa Joe.

"Yippee!" Grandpa Joe cheered once he got a clear look at it. He jumped out of bed and began dancing. Everyone stared at him in amusement and surprise. "Here!" Grandpa Joe handed the ticket over to Helen and Nathan. "Read it out loud. Let’s see exactly what it says!"

Nathan took it and began reading from the ticket. "“Greetings to you, the lucky finder of this golden ticket from Mr Willy Wonka. I shake you warmly by the hand. For now, I do invite you to come to my factory and be my guest for one whole day. I, Willy Wonka, will conduct you around the factory myself showing you everything there is to see. Afterwards, when it is time to leave, you will be escorted home by a possession of large trucks, each one filled with all the chocolate you could ever eat. And remember: One of you lucky five children will receive an extra prize beyond your wildest imagination. Now, here are your instructions. The first of February, you must come to the factory gates at ten am sharp. You’re allowed to bring one family member to look after you. Till then, Willy Wonka”." 

"First of February." Helen said. Her eyes widened when she realized. "That’s tomorrow."

"Then there’s not a moment to lose, Charlie." Grandpa Joe said. "Wash your face, comb your hair, scrub your hands, brush your teeth, blow your nose!" 

"And get that mud off your pants!" Grandpa George added.

"Now we must all try to keep very calm." Mrs Bucket said. "First thing that we have to decide is this. Who is going with Charlie to the factory?"

"I will. I’ll take him. You leave it to me." Grandpa Joe says. 

"How about you, dear?" Helen turned to Nathan. "Don’t you think you want to go?"

"Well, Grandpa Joe seems to know more about it than we do, and...." Grandpa Joe looked a bit excited. "Provided, of course, he feels well enough." 

"Yippee!" Grandpa Joe excitedly exclaims waving his hands to Charlie. 

"No." Charlie said, shocking everyone. "We’re not going. A woman offered me five hundred for the ticket. We need the money more than we need the chocolate." 

Grandpa Joe sadly sat down on the bed,  depressed. 

"Young man, come here." Grandpa George points a finger to Charlie and gestured him over. 

"There’s plenty of money out there. They print more every day. But this ticket there’s only five of them in the whole world and that’s all there’s ever going to be. Only a dummy would give this up for something as common as money. Are you a dummy?" George says to Charlie. 

Charlie shook his head. "No, sir." He said. 

"Then get that mud off your pants. You’ve got a factory to go to." Grandpa George said with his thumbs up.

Charlie smiled at his family, he was excited about going to the factory and see the wonders. 

 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🍭🍬 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ 

Words: 1, 167