Six: Wheels in Motion

(Just for a bit)

(Just for a bit)

The Bucket family was now eating supper and Charlie remembered the smoke coming from the factory when he was walking home. "But it didn’t close forever. It’s open right now." Charlie said.

"Ah, yes." Mrs Bucket piped in. "Well, sometimes when grown ups say forever, they mean a very long time."

"Such as I feel like I’ve eaten nothing but cabbage soup for ever." Grandpa George grumbled.

"Now pops." Mr. Bucket warned his father.

"The factory did close, Charlie." Grandma Josephine said.

"And it seemed like it was going to be closed forever." Grandpa Joe added on. "Then one day we saw smoke rising from the chimneys. The factory was back in business."

"Did anyone get their jobs back?" Charlie wondered.

The smile on Joe's face faded away. "No, no one did."

"But there must be people working there?" Charlie wondered.

"Think about it, Charlie." Grandma Josephine spoke up yet again. "Have you ever seen a single person going into that factory, or coming out of it?"
Charlie thought about the answer. Charlie was the one to speak. "No, the gates are always closed."

"Exactly." Grandpa Joe said putting his bowl down.

Another thought came across Charlie's mind. "But then, who’s running the machines?"

"No one knows, Charlie." Mrs Bucket shrugged.

"It certainly is a mystery." Mr Bucket added.

"Hasn't someone asked Mr or Mrs. Wonka?" Charlie asked yet another question.

"Nobody sees him anymore. He never comes out." Grandpa Joe answered. "The only thing that comes out of that place is Lola Wonka herself and the candy that’s already packed and addressed." A smile then grew on his face. "I’d love to see the factory one more time to see what became of it. But I’m pretty sure that she has a wonderful plan up her sleeve."

"Well, you won’t because you can’t." Grandpa George said, being the usual party pooper he was. "It’s a mystery and it will always be a mystery. That little factory of yours, Charlie, is as close as any of us is going to get."

"Come on Charlie." Mrs Bucket told her child and he stood one more bit before finishing. "I think it’s time we let your grandparents get some sleep."

"Good night, Grandpa George." Charlie hugged her grandfather on his dad's side.

"Good night, Charlie." He responds.

Then he hugged Grandma Josephine and she smiled.

"Good night, Grandpa Joe." He hugged her grandfather on his mom's side.

"Good night, Grandma Georgina." He hugged his last grandparent.

"Nothing's impossible, Charlie." Grandma Georgina said softly to him as he pulls away she smiled at her grandson.

Charlie climbed up to his shared bedroom. "Good night." Charlie says to the adults and they said night to him back. They all turned off the lights and went to bed.

Charlie climbed into his bed, turn off the light and looked out the window and went to sleep.

"And on that same night, the impossible already began to happen."

Some bikers came from the factory on motorbikes but one person had platinum blonde hair and hot pink tips coming from the helmet. She had a different kind of Motorbike and had something behind her on the bike.

She stopped by a post and puts the poster on it, taped it up and kiss at one spot on the word children and drove off

 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🍭🍬 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ 

Sorry for the short chapter.

Words: 573