The Radical Truth

Start from the beginning

"So we send patrol away. We're working this as a Confidential. Only OCD in the loop. But that means this is all on us." The older man added.

"All right, where are we?" The brunette wondered, adjusting her mask as Adam finally joined the large group.

"Okay. We got a struggle inside the house. There's blood in the kitchen which leads to the backdoor." Kim reported.

"Pretty clear my father left in a hurry and it wasn't his idea to do so." Adam pointed out. "I mean, his car is here. The TV was on. His keys, his wallet, service revolver, his phone, which I just started going through. Password was his badge number 'cause who would've thought of that?" He rolled his eyes.

"Okay. Anything jump out?" Hank inquired.

"No, it's all just normal stuff. I mean, here I am texting him about the retirement party-" Adam suddenly froze, staring down at the screen with an undecipherable expression on his face.

"Adam." Ana called, gently. "What is it?"

He just looked up and handed the phone to the person closest to him, which happened to be Jay, instead.

"Uh, it says, Tuesday, 6:13, 'You don't deliver, it's over.' It's a restricted number." The male Detective read aloud.

The brunette swallowed and shifted the tiniest bit closer to her husband.

"All right, any idea who might send something like that to your old man?" Hank wondered, discreetly grabbing his wife's hand and giving it a small comforting squeeze.

"No." Adam shook his head.

"Tech said that the footprints and the blood leading to the back door were made by somebody wearing socks." Hailey informed, walking out of the house and moving to the right of the two Sergeants.

"If this is what it seems like then somebody grabbed him-"

"Didn't even give him a chance to put his shoes on." The blonde muttered, finishing Ana's thought for her in the process.

"All right. Keep canvassing this block. Find some cameras. Scrape together enough to get a BOLO out on that car." The older man ordered.

"Kim, come here a second." The brunette nodded, stopping her from heading off with the rest of the team.

"Yeah." She replied.

"We want a full scrub of all of Bob Ruzek's cases, top to bottom." Hank instructed.

"If something like this happened to one of us, the first thing we'd think is that it's related to a case somehow." Ana pointed out.

"Right." Kim murmured.

"Revenge, somebody wanting information, some-"

"Guys." Adam called, interrupting the brunette and stopping them from rushing off.

"Yeah?" Hank wondered, turning around to face the other man while his wife copied his movement.

"My pop spent the last years directing traffic at afternoon Sox games, not kicking in doors. I mean, I don't think Kim's gonna find anything there." He reasoned.

"Okay, he's still a police officer. That man spent a lot of time on a lot of time on the streets." The male Sergeant pointed out, looking over at Kim. "Do the work."

"Yeah. No, I'm on it." She assured.

And with that, Hank and Ana made their way over to their car.

*The Next Morning*

"We got a Chicago cop missing 12 hours. Tell us something good." Hank demanded, walking up the stairs and into the Bullpen with his wife and Adam at his side. "You looped in OCD?"