Often times my mother would come out and hand out plates of authentic Italian dishes. She kept me from intervening when they would talk nasty to her. She would kill them with kindness and tell them they didn't have to curse or snatch a plate of food.

Dante types the pin in and the gate rolls back so we can park on the side of the building.

I stick the key into the door, first to enter into the building. Dust flies around in the air under the light of the windows. We head downstairs, into the basement where there were rows of doors.

"Is he in there?" I asked the man standing tall outside the door.

"Yes, sir," he moved out of the way.

"Levi, go get the cart," I stand outside of the door where Roland was locked up. "Dante, you come in with me."

I open the door and flick the weak lightbulb on. I take my coat off and hang it on the rack. Donnie drags a chair and sits it in front of Roland, sitting in it backwards.

Roland's head hangs low, his arms strapped to the arm rests. When he looked up, I wasn't who he excepted, his eyes fell and his chest stilled for a second. I wasn't Sebastian, I wasn't one of the guards, nor was I anyone here to save him or free him. "Mr. De Santis..."

"That's our name..." I circled him. Donnie lifted his brow while he looking at him like fresh meat. Roland looked back at me then to Donnie.

He jumped out of his skin when I put a firm hand on his shoulder. "My baby brother, Dante De Santis." Though the term 'baby' didn't suite him very well.

Donnie was bigger then me in a muscular sense, we were around the same height. He was just as mature and masculine as me. When we were under my father, we were forced to be close. We had a bond that no one could understand.

Dante wasn't much of a talker, that's why I was a better fit for the head of the family. He rested his arm on the back of the wooden chair, staring at Roland which was probably making him uncomfortable.

"Pick up where you left off last night," I stand next to Donnie, now Roland can see me clearly.

"I don't remember..."

"The part where Dario killed my father," I deadpanned, raising a brow.

His head glistens from the sweat on his hairline, he shakes his head. "I-I don't- I just know that Dario was plotting against your father. I don't know if he actually killed him," he swares.

"Who else could it be then?"

He gulps. "That-that, I don't know...I just overheard in a meeting."

"In person or virtual?"

"In person I believe..." he answers self consciously, looking down with a furrowed brow. His eyes widen at the point I forced him to make.

Donnie and I look at each other, thinking the same thing, Donnie shakes his head. Neither of us are impressed. "You overheard, but you don't have any idea who he was working with? Close enough to hear, but no idea who walked in and out of the room?" Not anyone can just hang around a room where men are talking about premeditated murder. For myself, certain people are allowed on the floor where I talk business. I imagine Dario wouldn't be that reckless.

"No," he shakes his head again, gulping thickly.

In one swift moment, I take the gun from my waist and point it under her chin. I get so close to him that he has no choice but to look me in the eye. The coldness of my gun make him wince before I get a chance to hurt him. "So you were bold enough to listen to the conversation, but couldn't take the chance of finding out who Dario was working with?"