"You little bitch!" Carla snarls, clutching onto her nose. 

I'm shaking now, infuriated. I go to lunge at her again but someone still has a hold on me, their grip tightening.

"Come on, Emma. Let's go outside," Austin says in a soft voice, dragging me backwards. I fight for a second but then just let him take me out of the gym. As I'm being dragged out, Carla runs to come after me but Andrea comes up behind her, turns her around and punches her square in the face.

Outside, Austin finally lets go of me.

"Are you alright? What did she say to you? Did she hit you?" He asks all at once. "Damn it! I knew I shouldn't have left you alone with her," 

I sigh, flexing my hand. It stings from where I hit Carla. "I'm fine. I promise," I say, grinning.

"Emma! Emma whats going on?" Aidan runs out from the school, concern etched all over his face, his lips in a frown. He's followed by Ben, who is hauling Andrea by the arm, shouting out foul words.

"I'm fine. It's just that bitch in there causing problems," I say as my brother checks me over for any signs of injury, all the while muttering threats against Carla. I shrug away from him, wanting space to cool down.

"I've always wanted to do that. Do you want to go again Emma?" Andrea jokes, but only gets a bunch of glares. "Jeez, I'm kidding."

Carla's words hurt, hitting me hard. I know it isn't my fault Tyler died, but it doesn't help when people keep saying it is. Austin comes up to me, hugging. Although I just want to be left alone, his touch helps.

"Oh, Emmie. Guess you finally grew some balls and stood up for yourself huh?" I hear Quinn come up behind us, chuckling. I close my eyes and rub my face. Quinn is another person I don't want to deal with.

 "Quinn, just shut up," Aidan snaps. I turn around and see Quinn leaning against the school's wall. His hands are is shoved his his jean jacket pocket, staring at me. I just can't get a break could I?

"Why? It's not like you listen to anything I say anyway." He slurs the words, rolling his eyes. Under one of the lights above him, I notice that his cheeks are pale and eyes are glossy.

"Are you drunk?" Ben asks, walking up to him, grabbing Quinn's chin. Quinn laughs like a maniac, slapping away Ben's hand.

"Please, like you care," Quinn snaps. "I could do anything I want and nobody would notice!" He yells, throwing up his hands. I don't know what to do, what to say to him. 

"Quinn, buddy. Whats going on?" Aidan wraps his arm around him. 

I walk up to him, but stay back so I don't interfere.

"What is going on out here?" A new voice asks as the gymnasium door slams against the outside wall, revealing Ms. Kinney. She's has on a red dress and black mask. 

She points her finger at me. "Emma, Mr. Harp is looking for you-"

"Can't you see we are in the middle of a family issue here? Why don't you get your butt back to your fuck buddy Mr. Newt," Andrea growls, making all of us stare in shock. Ms. Kinney's mouth drops open, flabbergasted.

Ms. Kinney is having an affair with Mr. Newt, who's engaged.

"I'm reporting you all to the principal, let's see how many days you get suspended," She stutters on her words, clearly in shock about what Andrea said. I am too.

"What are you going to say? You would just be squealing on yourself. I mean having sexual relations with another teacher isn't illegal, but I'm pretty damn sure when Mr. Newt's wife would love to hear about it. So why don't you just leave and everything will stay between us. You never saw us here."