Chapter 2: Holding on to hope. End of the Android Apocalypse

Start from the beginning

(Y/N): Uhm... Something like that... Bulma, Trunks, this is Android 21.

Bulma: A-Android?!

Trunks: 21?!

Android 21: H-Hello... It's a pleasure to meet you.

*21 knew well why Trunks and Bulma reacted that way and she couldn't help but feel bad*

Bulma: (Y/N), w-what are you--

(Y/N): Look I know, I get it, I reacted the same way but believe me when I say 21 is not a monster like 17 and 18. Otherwise, she would've fought me or attacked me from the back while we flew here.

Android 21: I understand your reluctance to trust me but I can be of help in whatever project you're working on, Bulma.

Bulma: Really...?

Android 21: Yeah, you know... I'm something of a scientist myself.

Bulma: Hmm... O-Okay, I guess if (Y/N) trusts you then so can I. And any help with this is surely appreciated.

Trunks: Mom...

(Y/N): Trunks, I know this is out of nowhere, and believe me I didn't see this coming but let's give her a chance at least.

Trunks: ... Alright. You can help mom with the time machine and her other projects, 21.

*21 looks at (Y/N) in appreciation, she realized that he's nothing like how the data she had on Goku's family described them. It said that anyone related to Goku would be a heartless murderer like him but (Y/N) wasn't like that at all and that intrigued her. Was the info she had on Goku a lie too? Was he really a heartless murderer?*

Android 21: Thank you so much, to all of you!

(Y/N): Now that we're all acquainted... What were you gonna say, Bulma?

Bulma: Oh right! It won't be much longer until the time machine is finished!

Android 21: Incredible...

*21 walks towards the time machine and inspects it*

Bulma: Once it's ready to go, you and Trunks will be able to travel to the past and meet your father to give him his heart medication. With Goku alive and able to fight, something ought to change! Then you two can head back to the moment when the androids arrive to help with the fight. Oh, and gather some useful intel for me.

Android 21: We can use the information they find to out 17 and 18's weaknesses and exploit them in our time.

Bulma: Exactly! I'm already starting to like you!

Trunks: But no matter how much (Y/N) and I travel to the past, our world won't go back to the way it was...

(Y/N): All the people we've lost... They won't come back, will they?

Bulma: I'm afraid not...

*(Y/N) and Trunks look down in disappointment. Trunks wanted his father back and (Y/N) wanted both his dad and brother back. Deep down (Y/N) thought using the time machine was a bad idea. He's a Super Saiyan now and he is absolutely sure he is much stronger than Gohan was, he could take care of the androids right now*

Bulma: Oh, almost forgot. (Y/N), there's something I need you to do for me.

(Y/N): What's that?

Bulma: Remember how I told you the time machine's almost complete? Well, I actually don't have what I need for a critical part, can you help me with that?