School's meant to be a safe place

Today was going like it did normally for Peter, Happy had dropped him off at school, he met up with Ned at his locker, Flash threw an apple at him and he was 10 minutes early to his first lesson.

A casual day for Peter.

He was sat in Chemistry, doodling new ideas for web shooters and Tiny little stick man fights with villains on his paper.

Everything was going as it normally did until he started to feel an uncomfortable buzz in the back of his head, the hairs on his arm stood up and he sat up straight in his chair.

He scanned the classroom, nothing seemed off, he looked towards the window but there were no Alien ships outside, thank God. He didn't want to deal with that again.

But not knowing what was wrong was making him uncomfortable, that was until he heard it, a faint gunshot in the distance, but this wasn't a gunshot from outside no this sounded like it was inside the building.

No one else had heard it, the teacher was still teaching, the kids were still chatting, the sound of the class overpowering the sound of the shot.

And then he heard it again, he quickly stood up, pushing his chair out, striding towards the front of the classroom.

"Peter what are you doing?" Ned asked next to him but Peter just hurried to the door, locking at just as the school alarms went off.

The bell rang three times, making his ears scream at him to make the noise stop.

The teacher turned to him just as he flipped the lock, pulling the blind over the window in the door.

"Everyone stay calm!" The teacher whisper yelled as the students looked up from there work, everyone doing what they were countlessly taught to do in this situation.

A few kids worked to close the blinds, the teacher turned off the projector and Peter tried to move a table in front of the door as quietly as he could.

The teacher ushered everyone to the floor as another shot sounded, the kids huddled under there table, whispering to one another, Peter creeped back over to Ned getting down next to him.

"Holy shit, holy shit—" Ned was mumbling, his eyes as wide as everyone else's, the teacher was whispering trying to calm everyone.

Kids were pulling out their phones, most likely trying to call their parents, Peter himself lifted up his watch looking at it closely.

The small emergency button on it standing out against everything else, should he press it? It would instantly send a distress signal to Mister Stark with his location.

A new instalment from the countless times he had gotten hurt without being able to contact Tony quick enough.

Peters mind was all over the place, fighting to figure out if he should press it, he really didn't want to disturb Tony, especially if the police came and got the person before he got here.

Peter was conflicted as he listened for anything else outside the classroom, it seemed quiet enough, that was until a loud bang reached his ears. The sound of heavy boots kicking a door.

Peter didn't think.

He pressed the button quickly, he didn't know if it was a good idea or not, Mister Stark always told him if he needed help he would be there, Peter just hoped the shooter would leave. Or the police would get here soon.

The classroom fell quiet, a few sniffles heard from the scared kids in the back and Peter realised that there was heavy breathing next to him, he lifted his arm to put a comforting hand on Neds shoulder.