Prologue

Prologue

Third person pov...

Y/N was sat in their room working on some homework they had to finish before University on Monday, their Mother was walking around waiting for Sarah, Y/Ns step sister who was late home, sighing Y/N stands up from their desk and wlaks outside to the landing where their Step Father was walking around trying to get Toby to stop crying.

"Here I'll take him" they said taking Toby from him the man sighed with relief as they stopped crying once he was in Y/Ns arms just then Y/Ns Mother went outside and saw Sarah standing there soaking wet.

Y/N and Toby watch the argument from the top of the stairs before Y/N walked into Tony's room and put him in his crib, They then walk to Sarah's room their Parents have left to go out.

Y/N knocked on Sarah's door. "Sarah, can I come in?" They ask the Girl, Sarah sighs and opens the door. "Thank you" Y/N walks in and sits next to the young girl on her bed. "It's not fair" she mumbled into her pillows as Y/N rubbed her back.

"It's okay, I'm here as well" they reminded her, Sarah then pulled her head away from her pillows and lays on Y/Ns lap as her sibling runs their hand through her long black hair.

Y/N looks around Sarah's room and sees a one of her bears missing. "Hey Sarah I think Lancelot is missing" they said making the girl look up, she glares and runs out of her room and into Tony's notices the bear on the floor.

Y/N runs in behind her and watched as Sarah shouts at Toby. "i hate you, i hate you!! someone save me, someone take me away from this awful place!" Yells Sarah, Y/N walks over to the window the thunder is getting louder they notice.

Sarah looks at Toby crying in his crib. She then picks him up. "What do want, do you want story? huh? ok" she says woth the baby in her arms.

Sarah then sits on the bed and Y/N leans against the posts of the large bed next to their Sister. "once upon a time there was a beautiful young girl whose stepmother always made her stay home with the baby. and the baby was a spoiled child and he wanted everything for himself. and the young girl was practically a slave.but what no one knew was that the king of the goblins had fallen in love with the girl, and he had given her certain powers, and so one night when baby had been particularly cruel to her, she called on the goblins for help." Told Sarah as Toby kept crying. Y/N was listening to the story Sarah was telling.

" "say your right words," the goblins said and we'll take the baby to the goblin city, and you'll be free,but the girl knew that the king of the goblins would keep the baby in his castle forever and ever and ever, and turn it into a goblin and so the girl suffered in silence, until one night, when she was tired from a day of housework and was hurt but the harsh words of her stepmother, and she could no longer stand it." She says Y/N then recognises the story she was telling.

"You also know the Labyrinth" they said, it was one if their favourite books to read Sarah looked at them and nods her head "Yes I do" she said the two turn to Toby who was still crying. Y/N was starting go get a headache from him.

"oh alright, alright" Says Sarah she picks toby up again and walks around the room rocking him in her arms. "knock it off, come on." toby still crys. "stop it stop it, i'll say the words...no, i musn't, i musn't say..." she trails of as Y/N joins in on saying the words. "i can bare it no longer...goblin king, goblin king, wherever you may be, take this child of mine far away from me!!" They chanted of course nothing happened and toby didn't go anywhere.

Toby crys even more "oh toby stop it! oh i wish i did know what to say to make the goblins take you away." Sighs Sarah as she put Toby down in his crib.

Y/N leans into the Crib and tucks Toby in and Kisses his forehead which doesn't do much as he crys more. Sarah prepares to turn off the light. "i wish the goblins would come and take you away right now." She whispers and turns off the light and leaves with Y/N trailing behind her.

As they leave it all goes quiet as Toby suddenly stops crying, Y/N gets dragged back to the room by their sister as Sarah goes to see what's wrong

"toby?...toby? are you alright?" Asks Sarah into the dark room, Y/N tries to turn on the light, but it won't work. "why aren't you cying?" Whispers Sarah as Y/N goes over to the crib as they hear a sound.

Sarah walks behind her Sibling and pulls the blankets away and notices Toby is missing, strange things start happening around Them.

The window breaks open and the owl flys in, it then turns in to the goblin king, "Oh Wow" gasps Y/N as they see the man.

Sarah looks at the Goblin King znd speaks to him, "your him, aren't you? you're the goblin king" she whispers as the Man looks at the two humans in front if him.

To be continued...

Hoped you liked thus first chapter, it's a long one I hope yoy make these long ans I think I did pretty well for the first chapter to thus books.

Anyway I will update when I can as I don't have college anymore for 6 weeks.

Word count : 1000