Chapter 2

TW: Brief mentions of death
Quick A/N: it is one of my head cannons that Hunter has freckles and that will be featured in this fic. Also sorry if some of the characters are a bit ooc

Hunter awoke in a cold sweat, he was gasping for air, the images of each of the past Golden Guards deaths kept on replaying in his head. He could barley see as all the lamps and candles were out. He carefully got out of bed and walked outside, his socks muffling his footfalls.

He gently opened the door making sure not to wake anyone. As he stepped outside he activated a light glyph. Flapjack struggled to get out of the nest it made in Hunter's hair. He carefully helped Flapjack giggling lightly.

As he looked into the starry sky recognising constellations he heard the quiet creak of the door and soft footsteps. Hunter looked behind him to see Raine emerging from the hide out "You okay?" They asked.

"Nightmare." Was all Hunter said in his answer, he held Flapjack in his gloved hands.

"Do you want to tell me about it?" Raine asked now standing next to Hunter "You don't have to if you don't want to."

"After going into Belos' mind and seeing the past Golden Guards their deaths just keep replaying over and over again every time I go to sleep." Hunter was now gently patting Flapjack.

Raine nodded along as Hunter spoke "What if you distract yourself now so when you go to bed you think about the distraction and not about the nightmares."

"Okay.." Hunter looked back into the sky and pointer at it "That constellation right there is the Big Dipper."

Raine smiled as Hunter kept pointing out more and more constellations and informing them about the meaning and history behind them.

"You seem to really like astronomy." Raine said as Hunter searched for more.

"We'll when I got bored in the castle I would read random and for some reason there was a very large amount of Astronomy books."

"It's getting pretty cold do you want to head back inside?" Raine questioned shivering from said cold.

Hunter nodded smiling. He followed Raine inside quickly wiping his socks off not wanting to get dirt treckend through the hideout.

Raine wished him a goodnight and surprisingly he slept peacefully for the rest of the night.

As the sun rose Eda and Raine gently shook Luz, Gus, Willow and Hunter awake while Alador woke up Amity, Edric and Emira. They all ate a breakfast that consisted of griffon eggs, unicorn bacon and toast.

After breakfast the CATTs plus more went looking for jails where wild witch's could possibly be locked away from the Day of Unity.

Hunter was in a group Raine, Willow and Edric searching the northern side of Bones Borough. Hunter was happily eating gummy owl bears. Hunter offered Willow some but she politely declined so he then offered Edric some "Do you want any?" He asked holding the packet out towards Ed.

"Yes please. Edric replied taking a small handful.

Hunter smiled and continued eating. Edric noticed something and took a closer look at Hunter's face "I never knew you had freckles!" He half yelled extatic at the discovery.

Willow walked over after hearing Edric and she also took a closer look at his face "He does have freckles!" She basicly yelled "They are so cute!!"

Hunter blushed at the attention he was getting "I mean they don't look that good." He said.

"What do you mean by that? It's one of your best features?" Edric exclaimed.

"No their not their an imperfection and should be hidden." Hunter retorted.

Elric grabbed Hunter's face and looked him in the eyes "Shut up. You are so frickin handsome and don't let anyone tell you otherwise."

Hunter's face was overcome with blush at Edric's action and Eric realised what he did and turned into a tomato.

"You you kids get back to work please?" Raine asked.

Willow looked up from the floor "Right on it!" She yelled back.

"Thank you!" Raine yelled and went back to looking around.

Willow turned back to Hunter and Eric "Stop being gay and go back to work." She spoke and walked off.

Edric took his hands off of Hunter's freckled cheeks and gave a small smile before following after Willow.

Hunter still stood in place and put his hands on his cheeks right where Ed placed his hands "I think I like him.." He murmured to Flapjack.

Hunter quickly followed Willow and Ed back to where Raine was. They continued their search until around lunch time where they went back to the CATTs hideout.

Raine and Lilith made sandwich's and placed a large plate full of them on the table. Hunter was onto his 6th sandwich by the time most of them finished their second "How does that kid eat so much and so fast?" Eda whispered to Raine.

"I honestly don't know. His stomach is like a black hole." They whispered back.

Hunter got up and went to go sit on his bed, he grabbed a book from underneath his pillow, it was unrecognisable as he had wrapped brown parchment paper all over the front and back covers. He sat cross legged on the mattress and began reading. Flapjack was perched in his hair reading along with him.

Gus looked at Willow "What do you thing he's reading?" He asked her.

"Probably something really gorey or battle tactics." She replied taking another bite of her sandwich.

Gus then turned to Matt "What do you think Matty?" Gus questioned.

"He's most likely reading something really dorky. He acts all tough on the outside but on the inside he's really dorky, well that's the case for my brother." Matt said shrugging.

"Maybe." Gus replied "I'll go ask him."

Gus then got up and walked over to Hunter "Hey Hunter, watch'a reading?" He asked.

Hunter snapped the book shut "None of your business."

"Okay." Gus replied walking back over to Willow and Matt. "He wouldn't tell me."

"As i said probably something dorky he doesn't want us to know about." Matt said.

"Yeah, probably." Gus spoke.

In reality Hunter was actually reading Good Witch Azura. Hunter looked around to make sure no one else was near and opened his book up again smiling and began to read once more.

That is the end of Chapter 2 and I hope you enjoyed.