The Oscar's

Today is finally the big day. It's the day if the Academy Awards aka The Oscar's. Austin is up for Best Actor, along with Best Picture, both for "Elvis".

You're in the car on the way to the awards show. You look over to Austin, seeing him shake his leg nervously & anxiously. It's easy to understand why he's so nervous. Being nominated for two big awards at THE award show for movies, is a big deal.

Reaching over, you grab his hand. "Babe, you good?"

"Y-Yeah. I'm fine." he responds.

"Are you sure? Your leg shaking says otherwise."

He's silent, being embarrassed a bit for getting called out.

"Hey, it's okay to be nervous or anxious. This is a huge deal, but you know, what no matter what happens, win or lose, know that I'm so so proud of you either way. If you lose, you'll always be a winner in my heart. You got this, honey."

"Thank you, darlin'. I love you." he squeezes your hand.

You absolutely adore when he calls you that. It's definitely one of the little Elvis' things that's stuck with him.

"I love you, too."

We finally reached the drop off for the red carpet.

Instant camera flashes & name calling.

"Austin! How does it feel to be nominated?!" "Who are you wearing?!" "Do you think you'll win?!"

You just let the questions go from the paparazzi & just continue to pose for them.

Your hands intertwined as you walk, his grip is very firm.

Before heading inside, you stop at a couple of news outlets for some interviews.

"So how does it feel to be nominated for such big awards tonight?" the interviewer for E! News asks.

Austin takes a huge sigh, "Amazing, but nerve racking."

"If you win, what are you going to do to celebrate?"

"Oh gosh, um I haven't even thought about it. I think maybe either way, me & my girl right here will go on a trip or something. I don't know. I mean, either way, there'll be something to celebrate. Just being nominated is an incredible honor."

"Any other movies in the future?"

"Oh, yes. Dune Part 2 will be out later this year, so there's something to look forward too."

"Great to hear. Good luck tonight!"

"Thank you so much."

Once you're inside, you find your table. You're seated with Baz, Priscilla, Lisa Marie, Olivia, Tom & his wife Rita.

During commercial breaks, everyone at the table shares their fondest memory of being on set, or cracking jokes, or talking about upcoming projects & events.

When the announcer says after the next break, the award for Best Actor will be presented, which changed the whole vibe of the table. Everyone becoming more anxious as the category gets closer. Tom had already won for Best Supporting Actor, which of course was well deserved.

You could feel Austin's leg shaking against your own. You grab his hand & reassure him with the words you told him earlier.

The show comes back from commercial break. Anne Hathaway & Jessica Chastain, both goddesses, go up to present for Best Actor.

When they say Austin's name while reading off the nominees, he smiles & laughs nervously at the camera, which of course, you find adorable.

"And the winner is...." Anne reads while opening the card.

They both read out loud, "Austin Butler as Elvis Presley!!"

You & Austin immediately look at each other in shock. Before getting up, he cups your face & brings you in for a celebratory kiss.

Everyone gets up to applaud him. You embrace him in a huge hug before he goes up on stage.

"Wow. I cannot wrap my brain around this right now. Um, thank you so much to The Academy. This is such an honor, wow. I never thought in a million years I would have gotten to this point in my career. I want to thank my team for always believing in me, my fans, my friends, family, of course Baz, the whole cast. My biggest supporter & very beautiful girlfriend y/n, I love you baby. Mom, if you're up there watching, I love you. This one's for you. Thank you." Austin says, finishing off with a little bow.

Once he was back at the table, congrats from all around were given.

"Baby, I'm so proud of you!!" You say to him, hugging & giving him a kiss before he sat down.

"Thank you, darlin'. I couldn't have done it without you."

————————————————————————