Chapter 4: Dark encounter

*NOT MY PHOTO*

(Y/N): Your Name, (H/C): Hair Color, (F/C): Favorite Color, (E/C): Eye color,

11-20-21, (Enjoy lovelies!)

  Page stats: 5.1 pages, 1,802 Words, 9,700+ Characters&spaces typed.

The shout was carried throughout the forest by the echo. It was louder than it actually was since the night was so calm. The shout was not of anger but of fear and concern, a cry. You tumble through the forest at quick pace trying to get to the distress. The foliage accidentally nipped and cut at your ankles. The forest quickly flew past your vision from your sprint. A decent size log appeared in your vision, causing you to leap on the top and push off it. You landed back on your feet before you could see the upcoming limb. A line of crimson formed along your cheek, starting on the slant of your nose to your cheekbone. The branch cut you before you could avoid it. Your right cheek became hot and started to sting. You cringed at the sudden pain but the wind numbed your new cut. Regardless you still kept going.

You stopped and froze before coming out of the foliage, N was protecting a hydreigon with his body while a tall man in a dark cloak stood a few feet away.

"Natural! Get away from him this instance!" growled the taller man

"Ghetsis! he didn't mean to-" N tried to explain but the bigger man had slapped him across the face.

"Don't you dare talk back, Natural!" The man shouted at N in flustration

A red light appeared in front of them and Milotic revealed herself. She was hissing, loud enough that Ghetsis flinched.

"Iron tail!" You commanded, also revealing yourself as you walked out of the woods. Milotic then slapped her metal tail across the ground towards his feet in a warning. You walked calmly towards N and knelt beside him. the right side of his face was red and bruised.

"thank you..." he mumbled and gently fell into your arms. He was still conscious but his heart rate was high, he had been panicking. The hydreigen beside you was breathing heavily and beat up.

A chuckle started to fill the air. Ghetsis was laughing.

"Useless, what's so important about the beast anyways," Ghetsis asked. N started to shake more in your lap. He was uncomfortable around this person.

"It's okay," You cooed, stroking his hair, trying to calm him.

"Why did you attack it? Why did you hurt him?" You asked rather calmly, even though anger bubbled inside you. He stared at you, he could only smirk at your question.

"It was useless, trying to defend Natural, He shouldn't have intruded," He replied, stroking his chin in somewhat curiosity. "Natural shouldn't have argued back." He spoke with no emotion. N held onto you tighter. He was so vulnerable and you could feel small tears soak your pants.

You growled and clenched your teeth in frustration. Turning your head, you looked to snap at him, but he was gone. Hydreigen then vanished into a red beam. You pulled N up closer and wrapped your arms around him.

"Shhh... he's gone." you softly cooed at the top of his head. He was still trembling but not as bad anymore. Milotic tenderly licked his face, she was also worried. You lifted his chin and cupped his right cheek. You dragged your thumb below his eye and erased the evidence of him crying. His lightly bloodshot eyes finally made eye contact with you.

"Your eyes are so pretty, the red brings out your emerald irises," You smiled at him and kept lightly brushing your thumb against his skin. His skin was so soft underneath your touch. You were able to slightly break his frown when you complimented him as he stared into your (E/C) eyes. Your heart felt warm and something inside you fluttered. You didn't want to end this moment but you had to go home.