CHAPTER 27

In In this palace, there's no love, just sorrows and pain.

It was safe to say, Mera did not get any sleep that night. As soon as she was done with her party in the harem, Mahidevran and Hurrem stormed in, yelling out and crying about how she can't possibly be free as it was against the Harem rules. 

The valide had joined them in her chambers to assure them of the same. The Serbian sultan had nothing to say "It was Hunkarim's decision. His word is above the law and he deemed me free."

Needless to say, neither of the royal women were happy about it, except perhaps Hatice, who was too deep in love with her husband while also grieving her unborn child still.

Mera's only advice to her was to have another child, for that would help her be busy for months and give her new purpose to life.

Mera was quite happy about how things are turning up for her so far and prayed her luck doesn't run off.

Hurrem and Leo's letters were still hidden safely at her disposal and now Emine comes with the news of seeing Ibrahim pinning Nigar kalfa to a wall in a secluded corridor and kissing her quite passionately.

The more their affair grew, the harder Ibrahim will fall from the sultan's side. And that was exactly what Mera was counting on.

When Suleiman invited her to share a meal with him looking at the bosporours, she had thought nothing of it, but then he gave her a blindfold and guided her to the tower of justice.

Mera had plenty of dark thoughts running through her mind while walking. "Did the sultan realise I am not faithful to him? Had he uncovered one of her schemes? Did someone plot something about her? Was this to be her end? Was she dying and leaving her kids alone?"

Yet nothing would have prepared her to what awaited her at the tower, a rabbi was sitting next to an Imam. They were marrying her to the sultan, with the rabbi acting as her father who would give her away.

Unfortunately for the new married couple, their honeymoon won't be as happy.