"What we need to do is leave," said Klaus. "The only way to get rid of Alaric is to kill Elena. If Rebekah were to learn that, she would not hesitate to end her life. And if I harmed her, you would never forgive me for it and I'd have to kill you, too." He put his hands on his head, trying to figure it all out. "We ought to leave. We will run, the hybrids will run with us. We will consult every witch who can aid us in changing the link or removing it and we will kill him, but not today."

"But—"

"But nothing," he said in an aggravated tone. "Tell her to grab her brother and we are leaving. Unless you'd rather I leave you both behind to fend for yourselves!"

"Where are we going to go? How are we going to do this? I've never had to be on the run from anyone, Klaus, I just want to be aware of how this is going to happen—"

He grabbed her face a bit too roughly, squeezing her cheeks to silence her. "Stop talking," he insisted. "Stop questioning me and just do what I say, I am trying to save both of you! If you cannot figure out whether you will stay or go, I will drag you kicking and screaming, but not with your little girlfriend. If you want to save her and yourself, you'll go to her home, fetch her brother, and meet me back here."

"Okay," said Rosalind, motioning for Elena to follow her. "We'll be back." As soon as they were out of earshot, she said to Elena, "This is your chance. Do you want to take it and leave, or will you stay?"

"Leave," said Elena. "Let's just get Jeremy. He's been wanting us to leave this town. The others will be safe. Alaric wants Klaus and the other Originals. There's no reason to go after them. They'll be okay."

Rosalind sped them back to the school and quickly got them into her car, then drove to Elena's house. No one was home. The doppelgänger started to pack a few things into a bag, figuring they could purchase clothes and other items elsewhere. What was really essential to her was some family heirlooms she wanted to keep, in case they weren't able to return for a long time.

"I'll tell Jeremy to meet us at the mansion," said Elena, holding her phone up as she typed while Rosalind drove them back. "He hasn't been answering, I don't know where he is..."

"Damon's car is here," said Rosalind as she pulled into the driveway of the house. "Maybe he already brought him? You'd messaged him before about the plan..."

They exited the car and rushed inside. Rosalind was stunned to see Klaus, on the ground, completely desiccated while Damon, Stefan, and Tyler stood over him.

"What the hell did you do?!" she cried. "Why— why are you even here?!"

"Alaric said Klaus was going to kill Elena," said Damon, apparently confused that Elena was perfectly fine. "So we desiccated him instead. It'll be better for us, we can drop him in the ocean and Alaric will never find him. It ensures we'll stay alive."

Rosalind was at a loss for words. "But I thought the desiccation spell was supposed to be used on Alaric? What did Bonnie have to say about this? Tyler— why are you here?"

"They needed my help to hold down Klaus," said Tyler. "Rosie, I don't want him anywhere near you. At least now we can toss him in the Atlantic and we'll all be safe."

"Be safe?" she snapped, dialing Bonnie's number. As soon as the Bennett witch answered, she asked, "Did you know they were going to desiccate Klaus?"

"Klaus?" said Bonnie. "Uh, no, the spell is supposed to be for Alaric!"

Rosalind put her on speaker. "Well, Damon, Stefan, and Tyler just used it on Klaus."

"Are you kidding me?" said Bonnie angrily. "I told you we had only one shot at this! I already stopped Jeremy's heart once, I can't do it again! You should have told me you were going to change the plan!"