Chapter 33 A Light In The Darkness

Start from the beginning

"You're not taking us with you, and we will make sure of that because we have what you don't," Sam replied as he stepped forward.

Seth arched his right brow with intrigue, "And what would that be brother?"

"A team. Even if you outpower us individually, that all changes when the number game comes into full effect. We gonna take you down and as a team!"

"Come, show me what you got!" Seth dared him.

Sam and Diana flew to him while Gordon took a huge leap toward him. The two siblings stretched their unclenched hands toward their sadistic brother and launched a cock tail of powerful forces. On one side it was an ultraviolet ray while on the other it was a wine-purple aura. Moreover, Gordon swung his blade and launched a jade-green pigmented projectile slash. The three elements drew closer to Seth, and when they did, the latter summoned a wall made of crystal matter from the ground

The wall of crystals dwarfed Seth in size eventually and served as a barrier against their attacks When the formidable elements stuck the wall, they dissipated. But what came next was unheard of.

Once the three landed on the ground they gaped their mouths with awe, "What? Our attacks failed to graze his barrier. How did that even happen?" Sam replied as he pondered thoroughly about the cause of the unprecedented outcome. 

Although the three were gobsmacked, they were unaware of the wonders that they would soon experience. As they glanced at the wall of crystals, something extraordinary occurred. The wall then formed canons.

"What the?" Sam and Diana responded simultaneously while they beamed a baffled expression.

The canons then released a series of crystalline energy beams. They each dodged the beams once their eyes caught sight of them.

After missing their targets, the beams struck the area behind them a few meters apart. A massive explosion incited, stretching beyond 16 meters in height.

"That wall is made up of crystals, our attacks won't even leave a dent. Let's attack him from the side," Gordon stated as he looked at the entirety of the wall, probing for possible solutions.

"Got it!" The two siblings responded simultaneously. 

Diana and Sam took possession of flight and flew opposite to each other to catch their target with surprise from the side. Once they flew past the barrier from each side, they saw Seth and sandwiched him. Once again, they fired their attacks at him. The latter stretched his hand on both sides to their attacks. His hands morphed into a shield consisting of crystal matter. Their attacks dissipated once they came in contact with his shields. 

As swift as a cheetah, Seth transformed his shield into a pair of mini-machine guns and fired a range of quartz crystals from each side. The two flew away as a result, but before they could escape further, a few quartz crystals impaled them on the midsection. They crashed against the ground as a result and groaned in agony.

Seth then approached the two and spoke with them. While he was doing this, Gordon prowled from behind and concealed behind his barrier.

 "You must be wondering why your pitiful attacks failed to phase through my barrier wall. Well, allow me to indulge you. The minerals that I manipulate are Codexian by nature. Therefore any element from our ancestral home is more advanced than the ones from this planet. That includes the minerals from Codex. In hindsight, I implore you to expect my crystals to be sturdier than anything you could imagine."

Swiftly, Gordon swung his sword toward Seth from behind, initially repelling a projectile slash. The sharp air pressure wave moved rapidly in his direction cutting through tar like it were butter. Seth pivoted to face the projectile slash. He knew that he couldn't form his shield before the slash caught up to him. Therefore, he leaped to his right side and rolled on the ground as the slash moved past him, missing him by a millisecond.