Screw the Pain

LUNA USED HER LEFT HAND AND TRIED CLAWING HER WAY OUT OF HIS GRIP, but it wasn't helping.

In fact it only made it worse.

Rumlow held onto her cast and yanked her, causing a pained whimper to escape her mouth.

"Let me go."

"No can do," he smirked, Luna felt... she couldn't even begin to describe what the man was feeling but it was bone chilling to the point of making her want to throw up, "You're coming with me."

The way he said it made her skin crawl.

Screw the pain.

"I'd rather kill myself." She pulled back her leg and kicked him with all the force she could muster, right where she knew it'd hurt him.

He fell to his knees but still kept a tight hold on her.

She leaned over and bit down on his arm, hard enough to break the skin. He groaned out in pain, finally letting her go.

Luna took her chance and took off running as fast as she could. Her ankle throbbed and her collar bone was on fire but she wasn't slowing down, she wasn't going to chance being caught by him.

She took off down the free way, ignoring the overwhelming pain. Luna guessed she ran about three miles before she saw the flashing lights of the police cars that were blocking off the entire road.

Luna didn't even stop to ask for their help, thinking back to the last time she saw the police they were the ones shooting at her and chasing her. So she ran right past them when they called out, asking her if she needed help. She ignored them and continued running.

There was a large group of motorist who had gathered in a large group, she could hear them complaining about what was taking so long.

Figuring she was safe enough with a large group of bystanders, Luna stopped to take a deep breath.

A moment later, she was abruptly pulled back and an iron tight grip was on her left wrist.

It was Rumlow, again.

"You're getting on my last nerve, little girl." He gritted through his teeth.

She pulled back, "I don't know this motherfucker," Luna yelled, attracting the crowds attention, "He's trying to kidnap me."

The crowd ran over to them, most of them questioning Rumlow. They separated her away from him.

"Do you know him?" Some lady asked.

Obviously not if she's screaming that a strangers trying to take her, "No."

"Are you hurt?" Another person asked.

These people weren't the brightest, "I'm fine."

Some police officers were shoving their way through the crowd, so Luna slipped away from the ladies and continued running down the freeway.

Luna ran til she found a way off the freeway and onto a main road, she kept running until she found herself in front of the Smithsonian. She just needed time to figure out a plan or where to go.

Eventually, she found herself in the Captain America portion of the museum. Luna browsed around and read a little on his friend Bucky, how they were best friends and were in the war together.

She moved on and from across the room Luna could see Steve's first Captain America suit. Looking to the right, she noticed a tall blond guy with a baseball cap on that was lowered in the front to cover his eyes. Immediately, she recognized it was Steve.

Luna was about to walk over to him, when she was harshly pulled back. An arms around her waist and a hand over her mouth.

"I've had enough of you." Rumlow hissed.

She panicked and thrashed against him, stomping on his foot, then she used her cast to hit his head, "Steve!" She managed to get out right before feeling a prick in her neck. Moments later everything went dark.

Steve had successfully taken his suit off the mannequin without anyone seeing him. He was about to sneak out when Luna's familiar scream. He couldn't pinpoint the general direction the scream was coming from. The scream was echoing and there were more people folding onto the room, so he had to leave before getting caught.

He crumpled up the suit and shoved it under his arm. He then frantically searched for her through the entire Captain America exhibit and the surrounding ones and found no sign of her.

Once he was spotted by a little boy, he decided it was best to leave the museum. He was on his way out when the sound of a phone going off caught his attention.

The sound was coming from the floor, he looked down and saw a phone lighting up. Steve bent over and picked the device up, the name Tandy was on the screen. Looking at it, the phone has a yellow case on it, it looked liked Luna's.

He clicked accept and brought it up to his ear, and waited for the person on the other end to speak first.

"Luna. Hello."

"She busy right not." He said, "I'll take a message."

"Just have her call me back."

"I will..." he hung up, "When I find her."

Steve hurried back to the secret hideout, running as fast as he could. The moment he got there, they were all discussing Luna's location.

"I circled back and she's not there." Sam announced.

"How could you lose her?" Maria questioned Natasha, and began questioning but her own judgment. She should've taken Luna with her, "She was supposed to be safe with you."

"She was at first," Natasha stated, she tried her best to keep Luna safe given their circumstances, "How was it my fault that we were ambushed and had to split up."

"Which is exactly why you should have stayed with her."

"She shouldn't even have been here," she retired, "You should have sent her with Bobbi or Hunter."

Nick let out a sigh, them arguing wouldn't help anyone, especially not Luna, "Ladies, let's keep calm." His voiced boomed, "I think no one would benefit from Hunter watching Luna."

"Someone took her." Steve announced, joining the group that had formed around Fury's bed, holding up the phone, "I found this in the Smithsonian."

Maria snatched the phone away, it had a yellow compostable case with engraved bees on it, "This is definitely hers."

"It has to be someone from HYDRA." Natasha said.

"Which means she must be back at SHIELD." Maria added.

"Everyone get ready," Steve instructed, "We leave in five."