She's Not Cool Enough

TWO DAYS HAD PASSED SINCE FURY AND MARIA TOOK LUNA, they decided it was best for them to stay in Maria's apartment in DC in the meantime they figured out their next steps. Fury had just finished up a meeting and wanted to see how Luna was doing.

He knocked twice before the door opened and he was quickly ushered inside by Maria.

    "How was the meeting?" Maria asked.

    "Confidential." Fury stated, "Where's Lu?"

    "In the spare room, sleeping. I guess." Maria had tried getting Luna out of the room, and apartment, for the past two days but the teen refused, stating she was tired and all she wanted to do was sleep, "All she does is sleep. She won't anything."

He sighed, he hated feeling helpless and that he couldn't help the poor girl, "She's not eating anything?" Maria shook her head, "At all?"

     "Nope, I offered to make her favorite food--"

     "Italian pizza." Nick said, that had been Luna's favorite food last year he visited her.

     "No, porchetta."

He frowned, not only did he believe she was wrong but he had no idea what it was, "What the hell is porchetta?"

    "It's a sandwich, I offered to make her one but she said it wouldn't taste the same. It's extremely hard to find a place that sells them in DC." she explained, "I did however force an ounce of water into her."

      "At least that's something," he wasn't as concerned about Luna's water consumption because she was Italian and Europeans barely drank water, "Where's Romanoff?"

     "She just landed at the Avengers tower." She said.

      "And Hunter?" It was beyond him why Serena would leave her only child with a man as unreliable as him.

    "MIA," Maria annoyed how hard it was to track down Hunter, with all their resources it shouldn't be this difficult to find one man, "We're still searching for him."

      "What's the ETA on the lawyer?"

     "She lands in three hours at the tower."

     "And the others?"

    "Agent 13 can't be reached, she's still undercover. Same goes for Agent 19, she's currently on a mission." Maria informed.

    "Should probably wake her and get on the road." Fury sighed out, this was going to be a long hard day. 

Fury took one for the team and decided to attempt to wake the girl. He knocked on the door three times and waited a few seconds for a response, he quietly opened the door and entered into the dark room. Once his eyes adjusted to the blackness, he noticed a lump in the middle of the bed, the covers were over her head.

He went over and sat on the edge of the bed, "Luna, you gotta get up," he gently tugged the blanket down enough so it revealed the girl's pink hair, "We have to get going?"

"Non posso. Essere stance." Luna's muffled response came through the blanket.

"I know you're tired, but we have things to do," he pulled the blanket down further, now he could see her face, "Most importantly, getting you to eat something."

"I just want to go home."

He exhaled deeply, wishing this 'situation' wasn't happening at all, "You know you can't," Vincent had updated him on Paloma's condition, and it wasn't good, "I talked to Nonno and Tita isn't doing good."