𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘗𝘵 𝟸

tw: internalized homophobia, angst, language, uhhh I didn't mean to go that into detail at the end? Mature?? They're teenage boys ok? They're going to make out- I mean- up-

꧁ ꕥ ꧂

Mike's POV:

shitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshit

Why did I do that.

Why did I say that.

I didn't want him to know I was-

God I can't even think it, much less say it.

He just confessed his love to me, something I've been wanting for years, and I treated him like a disease. On the day he had to leave, too.

Fucking idiot.

I need to stop hiding. It's been 3 years.

He's more important to me than I ever will be.

I get on my bike, I know where the speeding limit slows down, I might be able to catch them.

I need to tell him I love him.

꧁ ꕥ ꧂

Will's POV:

I'm just staring out the window, watching the trees and buildings roll by. This was my life once. And now I'm leaving it all behind. I'm going to lose it all.

Mike once said we aren't kids anymore, but in that moment I didn't think that it  meant I'd have to throw my childhood away. But maybe I need this. Honestly, I've probably already lost my childHood, with the shit I've been through. So I was holding on tight to what I had left. He basically told me to stay away. It hurt so bad, and here I am, crying in Jonathan's car as we drive the scenic route.

I see a convenience store approaching, and I think about asking Jonathan to stop for a second.

"holy shit who is that?" Jonathan's voice cuts through my thoughts.

I turn to look at what he's looking at and there's someone riding after us on a bike?

what the fuck

Mike?

I watch as he bikes behind our vehicle, barely keeping up.

"Jonathan, pull over." My voice almost breaks again. Goddamnit,

He pulls over, getting in the parking lot of the convenience store and Mike comes to a stop beside the car.

"Stay here." I slip out of the vehicle, watching Jonathan to make sure he stays. "I'm going to go talk to him in the convenience store, ok?" He looks utterly confused, but nods, knowing this might be the last time I see Mike in a while.

I get out, and I grab Mike's wrist to drag him in the store. We need privacy. He follows along without hesitation, and when we get inside we're the only ones there other than the cashier.