𝓘𝓷𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓷𝓲𝓪𝓬

Tw: minor language, mention of trauma

Already dating bc I needed this 😔

Sorry, it's been so long, I absolutely despise school. About to get kicked off my dance team bc I was sick for two days and I just ended a relationship before it started. And I don't know what I'm gonna do now. This is my refuge.

Will's POV:

I toss and turn, even though I can feel tiredness eating its way through my senses, my body won't get comfortable, and I can't fall into unconsciousness, no matter how long I stay still with my eyes closed. There's nothing I'm excited about, but it's still as if my body is kept awake in anticipation. Not adrenaline, no, because it's begging to drift off into the safe comfort of sleep, but something is keeping me awake.

Not as if this is new to me though.

I open my eyes, deciding to stop chasing after rest and do something.

And then I hear the first crack of thunder, making me jump.

I pull my blankets up to cover my neck, suddenly feeling vulnerable and cold, just like how I felt...

Stop thinking about your trauma at 2 am.

I feel my nose begin to sting as if I felt fresh pain echoing through my body, and in a way I had. Fresh memories that were unnecessary, but still destroying my sense of stability. I flip over, burrowing into my pillow trying to snuff away the tears that are just beginning to form.

Another rumble of thunder crashes somewhere nearby, shaking the house, this time accompanied by a flash of white light.

A sob racks through my body, even before I realize I'm crying.

Shit

Don't let the memories in

BANG

I jump at the clatter of something solid colliding with my window, making it rattle more than it already was in the wind. I squeeze my eyes shut in fear before a more gentle knock starts to sound.

I open my eyes and very cautiously slide out of bed, only after I've recognized the pattern of the knocks.

When I see the silhouette of his dark curls, my anxiety immediately eases its chokehold. I sigh, a smile tugging on my lips, however, the tears have stained them.

I slide open my window, wincing at the rain quickly pouring in.

"Get in here," I pull him by his soaked hoodie, and he giggles as we both collapse on the floor. I quickly scramble to my knees to close the window shut before turning back to him.

"Mike-"

"Oh Will..."

His smile quickly drops as he notices my painted cheeks, and my hurried sniffles.

"I couldn't sleep-" I start, before his arms wrap around me, while comforting, still dripping wet.

"I thought as much. I missed you."
I close my eyes, but I can't really enjoy his touch when he's drenched with the very thing I was afraid of.

"M-Mike please-"

He backs away, his eyes wide before he remembers, and slides off his hoodie.

"Let me dry off.."

I nod, walking to give him a towel that he left here just in case.

Well.

He dries off, and once we're both sure it's okay, his face is painted with a grin as soon as I throw my arms around his neck.

I nuzzle into the warm hoodie he put on, and his arms come to slide around my back.

He hums in contentment, and he holds me for a second before I lean back to look into his eyes.

"I'm sorry if I worried you.."

"Don't be"

"I'm so sorry- I shouldn't be this unreliable to where you feel the need to come here at 1 am.."

"Don't be sorry. You're always worth my time Will. Always. Don't put yourself down like that. You mean the world to me, and I'm glad I came as long as you are too."

Thunder vibrates the entire house once again, making me jump, and his grip on my back tightens.

He gently guides us to my bed and lets me slide under the blankets before following.

"You know sleep is healthy, right?" He whispers in my ear before pulling me closer to him.

His warmth comforts me, and suddenly the exhaustion from before threatens to take over, my eyes fluttering closed.

My racing thoughts slow to a stop, and I jump, my body desperately trying to keep me from falling asleep.

He immediately pulls me closer, his face in my hair saying sweet nothings to calm me.

After I can rest, his steady breathing and calm heartbeat finally lull me to a comfortable state of unconsciousness, the best sleep I've had in a while.

***

It's short. I know. Forgive me. It doesn't have enough plot. I know. Forgive me. I'll be back you guys, tell me if I should edit this one.

<3 I'm so fucking tired.