2

Ryujin's

"You keep hitting him like that and I'm going to have a fractured rib," Lia Unnie says as she holds the bag up for me. She walks away rubbing her chest and I apologize.

"Do not regret it. She knows how to hold the bag," the coach says, and I nod. Lia Unnie starts cursing as I go back to work on my kicks.

I'm in weird shape today. My muscles feel fresh, and I am ready to work hard. I've been at this for five hours and yet it feels like I walked into the gym. No matter what Trainer threw at me today, I've thrown it back at him ten times.

"Okay, that's enough for today," the coach calls, and I step out of the bag, bouncing on tiptoe.

"No," I say, shaking my head. "More." I'm out of breath, but my body is still too tight. This can't be for today.

"Sister, you're going to crash," Lia Unnie says, stripping off her protective gear and tossing it into her bag. "Tell her, coach."

"You can't stay this strong, Tiger. You've been like this for two weeks and I don't know what's wrong with you." I glance at Unnie, who gives me a look like really?

"Why don't you ask her about her neighbor?" Unnie says, and I look at her. She purses her lips but is still smiling as she turns to grab a towel from me. The trainer walks over and grabs one of my gloves to help me remove the tape.

"It's a girl?"

"It's none of your business," I tell her, but my tone is friendly. The coach is like a father to me, and although I would never disrespect him, there are some things that are only mine.

"Hey," he says, tugging on my wrist to get my attention. I didn't say there was anything wrong with dating. It would do you good to have someone by my side and Unnie in your corner.

"Hey, I have great legs," Unnie says, looking offended. "You are lucky to have me. I make that corner look good." Coach and I roll our eyes in unison as he finishes removing the tape.

"She's a good girl," I tell her, for her ears only, and she nods.

He knows how this life can be. You are on the road a lot; you are surrounded by women and men who throw themselves at you.

There are a lot of drugs and drinks, which I never touch, but it can be hard for people to be around that. I've lost a lot of good friends in the ringside party scene, and it can be tough on relationships.

"I'll give you some advice," he says, throwing away the used tape. I'm sorry I can't settle down and have a family.

"I have lived my life helping young people succeed while putting my own dreams aside. I love you just like a daughter, and you are the last fighter I will train. But when this is over, I won't have a warm woman to sleep with." He pats me on the shoulder before leaving.

"See you in the morning."

"Damn, coach that is getting deep," Unnie says, and I reach up and smack him on the back of the head.

"Hey, I was just saying she needs to get some pussy."

"That's all you have in mind," I tell her, heading to the showers.

"That's because you've never had the taste of pussy. It's like crack."

"You've never had a crack." I open my locker and take off my sweaty shirt, tossing it into my bag.

"Certain. Okay, so it's like cupcakes, but you could eat, like all of them, and not just one."

"You're terrible at analogies." I shake my head.