Prologue

Prologue

You could hear the drums of their boots against the tiles as they ran down the hall. You could also hear the sounds of guns being loaded, cocked, and gripped in hands.

Eydis sat against the wall, her breaths so quiet and her body so still, she almost looked like a corpse against the black tiles she was leaning against. The dark room had no light, and the tiles made the place eerily cool. Her pale skin was easily contrasted in the dark room, but she did not move from the fatal position she was in.

She heard some shouts behind the bolted door beside her, and the sounds of more boots against titles.

She heard a few shots firing, and her finger flinched. Screams erupted and her heart started to beat loudly in her chest.

Suddenly, she heard a bang and the door beside her shook. She heard another bang, and she held her breath

They were breaking the door down.

She slowly slid her hand down to her pocket, flinching as the door violently lurched. She gripped the small pistol on her pocket, her finger slightly touching the trigger.

Then the door gave up, swinging open as a man stormed into the dark room. He stepped further into the room, his rifle up and ready to shoot.

Eydis slowly stood from the corner and softly walked to the door, not even making the slightest noise. She slammed the door closed and the man jumped, his gun pointed straight at Eydis.

But the room was pitch black; he could not see.

But Eydis could.

She grabbed the mans gun and rammed the butt into his forehead. He stumbled back, eyes wide with fear and confusion. He hurriedly trailed his hands down his legs until he found a pistol strapped to his calf. He grabbed it, holding it up with shaky hands.

"Who goes there!" he shouts, the gun slightly trembling.

He heard nothing as he squinted into the darkness, trying to see.

Then, his legs were pulled out from under him and he fell, smashing his head into the tiles. He screamed out in agony, but someone sat on top of him,
stuffing a rag in his mouth and holding his arms behind his back.

Eydis.

The man screamed, trying to call for help but the rag was lodged in his mouth, almost choking him.

He felt cool metal press up against his shaved head, and he stiffened.

"Where are you keeping them?" she growled, her voice sounding almost demonic.

The man bit his lip, shaking his head even though he didn't want to.

"One last chance" she snarled, pressing the gun harder on to his head. "Where are they?"

The man shook his head, screaming out into the rag.

Eydis sighed loudly. "Im sorry."

Then she pulled the trigger, looking away as she felt little splatters appear on her hands.

She stood, looking around the pitch black room. To anyone else, it would be impossible to see anything. But not Eydis; people like her could see fine in the dark.

She grabbed his dog tag around his neck and put it on with the others, slightly clenching it.

They were all the fallen; the ones she had killed.

She gripped her pistol in her hand, slowly edging her way towards the door. She pressed her ear up against it to hear nothing.

Eydis opened the door, peaking out and seeing no one. She quickly dashed out of the room, her bare feet making no sounds on the white tiles. The lights above her flickered as she ran, and she jumped over any puddles of blood that she saw.