Return of the Prodigal Son

Start from the beginning

The two sisters were seated in a small waiting area while Fin was standing a few feet away with his phone pressed to his ear.

"Okay, thanks. You too." He smiled, hanging up a few seconds later.

"You too?" Ana scoffed.

"Phoebe just said 'I love you' and you couldn't say it back?" Olivia asked in disbelief.

"Her ex-husband was a cop. She knows the drill." Fin retorted.

Ana suddenly stood up and walked forwards. The other two looked down the hallway to find Elliot heading in their direction.

"How is she?" The shorter woman prodded, gently while placing a comforting hand on his arm.

"Cardiac arrest." He muttered. "But her heart rate's stable now."

"Thank God." Olivia sighed in relief.

"Just trying to figure out what caused it." The Detective murmured.

He moved to walk off but the Captain spoke up once again.

"Elliot, we hate to ask you in the middle of all this. . ." She trailed off.

"You need my case files." He guessed. "I'll ask Intel to get 'em to you."

Elliot turned only to pause again and look back at Ana.

"Thanks, Shorty. It was good seeing ya again." The Detective cracked a small smile.

"Of course and you too." She nodded.

And with that, Elliot finally walked away.

*SVU Headquarters: Olivia's Office*

"Right, anything you can send will be great. And we'll keep each other in the loop. Great, thanks." The Captain hung up her desk phone with a sigh. "Turns out Stabler has been working anti-terrorism, international sex trafficking, and organized crime."

"That doesn't really narrow it down." Amanda, who was standing over by the door, pointed out.

"Nope." Ana shook her head in agreement.

"Well, this particular cell trigger, it's common in the Middle east, the Mediterranean region, North Africa." The blonde listed.

"Kat, put in a call to Threat Assessment and see if there are any groups or individuals who were targeted by NYPD overseas." Olivia instructed. "See if they might have a presence here."

"On it." She nodded and left the room.

It looked like Amanda was about to follow her but she just closed the door and turned back to the two sisters.

"Hey, do you think Stabler was the target?" The Detective inquired, gently.

"We don't know, but it definitely looks like it." Ana shrugged.

Olivia just scrubbed a hand down her face in reply.

"Are you two. . . doing okay?" Amanda wondered.

"You know, I've been better." The Captain admitted.

"I'm. . .conflicted." The Sergeant confessed. "I am absolutely overjoyed at seeing Elliot again but I'm also scared and worried for his wife. I. . .just don't know which I should be expressing right now." She sighed.

"Were you two and Kathy Stabler friends?" The blonde prodded, gently, walking forwards a bit.

"You know, not at first, and it's such a long story, but over time, we got really close." Olivia nodded.

"Kind of like us." Amanda commented.

"Yeah." Ana smiled.

"You never talked, uh, much about Stabler." The blonde remarked as she took a seat in one of the chairs.