Picnic Critic

I tried hard to find the "perfect" picture of what I imagined their picnic to look like, but I couldn't find it. So feel free to imagine the picnic however you want. I didn't want to write out a description, but these pictures are what I envision as similar and might help you get some ideas. 

-Artwork from @elysian_rey on Instagram

Almost immediately after Aleeza had agreed, The Darkling couldn't take it anymore

Almost immediately after Aleeza had agreed, The Darkling couldn't take it anymore. Her lips looked like they were practically begging him to kiss them. So, he cupped the back of her neck and tilted her head up to kiss her. Initially, she was taken aback-she acknowledged the fact she'd never kissed anyone and wasn't sure she could properly do it. However, she wanted to kiss him far more than her doubt, so she let it happen, kissing back the best she could.

He didn't care that she was inexperienced, he hadn't kissed anyone in a long time, and there was no one he would rather kiss than Aleeza. He tried to see if Aleeza would kiss him with tongue. However, it seemed she wasn't aware of that option, so he let their non-tongue kissing go on for as long as he could before he forced himself to pull back.

Aleeza loved it. She had always hoped her first kiss would be amazing. And that was simply talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show-stopping, spectacular, and everything she ever hoped for.

All her previous frustration and even sadness had disappeared. She pulled back her stars, and when they hit her back with emotion, they were only feelings of joy. Aleeza smiled brightly as she looked at The Darkling, who was smiling too. Little did she know that was the happiest he'd been since he'd created The Fold.

"Come on, there's one more spot," He said, rushing over to their horses.

"Where is it?!" Aleeza hurried excitedly behind him.

"You'll see!"

He watched eagerly as Aleeza did her best to mount the horse. When she was successfully on top, he started leading the way to a nearby patch of grass overlooking the little palace lake.

"Here we are," he said, stopping his horse. Aleeza didn't see anything special about the location and hesitantly looked around before almost gasping when she saw the picnic waiting for them.