Vortex of Turmoil

Start from the beginning

"Of course, I keep my words don't I?" Childe said with a smile. "Besides, I don't plan on leaving your side anyway."

"Thanks." She said once more. With her free hand, Lumine cupped Childe's face.

"Ajax..." she stared at him for a moment. "You didn't stay up late all the time did you?" She asked, noticing the bags under his eyes.

Childe laughed nervously. "Just a little." He said.

"Skipping meals?" She asked.

"No." Childe said. Lumine then raised an eyebrow. "Okay, I did before. But I promise I went back to eating on time. I had to since I was training." He admitted.

"Oh that's right, you're now one of the captains. How is that going?" Lumine asked, she let go of Childe's face to put her hand on her chin, her elbow resting on the table.

"Pretty great actually." Childe said, sounding impressed himself.

"Really? Mind if I join you in one of your sessions?" Lumine said.

"Please do, I think they'd be delighted to see you too." Childe looked at her. "Paimon told me some of the trainees were actually from Swordfish II." He said.

"Is that so? Then I guess I better come say hi to them some time." Lumine smiled.

Childe laughed. "Yeah, after you fully recovered." He said.

It wasn't long until Ayaka and Thoma came to join them, a literal feast coming right after them. Multiple dishes served along side each other.

There was seafood, meat, vegetables, even dessert. Everything was there.

As everyone was sinking their teeths into the food, Lumine noticed there was someone that was missing.

"That's odd, Paimon isn't anywhere near the table." She said.

"I'm sure she's just around here somewhere." Thoma assured.

But then she realized that Childe was also nowhere to be seen. She began to feel worried.

"Excuse me, I have to use the bathroom a bit." She lied to get out of the gathering.

"You're not feeling sick are you? Did we feed you too much?" Ayaka asked worriedly. "I told my brother that we shouldn't force you to-"

"No no, it's okay. I just have to go pee." Lumine whispered. "I drank too much tea earlier." She laughed.

Ayaka blushed. "Oh, I see. I'm sorry. I thought-"

"Don't worry. I'll be right back." Lumine said.

But instead of heading straight to where she said she'll go, she went to the guest room which was right beside the room she woke up in. Ayaka told her that it was Childe's room for the time being.

Alas, no one was there. So she opted to go to the other room. No one again.

She was about to leave when she noticed something floating beside the bed. A teapot. The Serenitea Pot.

"That's odd." She said to herself and approached it.

Without any second thoughts, she went in. She was greeted by a lush garden, a whole new training course that was partially run down, and Tubby, who seems to be working on something.

"Ah traveler, you've finally come back. It's been a while." The adeptus greeted.

"Hi Tubby." She waved. "Is Paimon..."

"Ah yes, they're inside." Tubby confirmed.

She thanked the adeptus before opening the door. The moment she stepped foot inside she could feel nostalgia rush in her.