21. Is This Really a Date?

Start from the beginning

      So, I pushed myself to take step after step to reach the bus stand. 

      I greeted a couple of the locals and sat down on the empty seat and took my phone out. 

     Lucas the stalker: I’m waiting for you. *wink eye*

      I smirked. 

         Sylvia:  What would you do if I stood you up?

         Lucas the stalker:  I know you won’t.  Ask me why!

          I rolled my eyes.  So fucking full of himself.

         Sylvia:  I won’t ask.

         I told that just to fuck with him. 

         Lucas the stalker:  *attachment*

        I opened the message and saw a photo of myself, sitting in the bus stand with the phone in my hand.  I glanced up sharply and saw a car idling on the opposite road.  I vaguely remembered seeing it before, when I was walking up to the stand. 

         I got up quickly and carefully crossed the road before jogging to the car.  My heart was thudding inside my chest.  I don’t know what I was feeling, but I know the only thing I was feeling was reckless.  So reckless, that I could feel a smile twitch against my mouth. 

           I wrenched open the car door but not without looking at the smiling Lucas gazing at me from inside. 

          “What the heck are you doing here?”  I asked without getting inside the car. 

          “I wanted to ask if you wanted a lift.”  He said cheekily. 

           “Yeah?  I think you should let someone know if you are picking them up instead of stalking them from your car.”  I glared at him for good measure before getting inside. 

          I clicked on my seatbelt and looked in front of me but he still didn’t switch on the engine. 

          “What are you waiting for?”  I asked turning to look at him. 

           He just intently looked over at my face, tracing them with his eyes.  Studying them like he has an exam about them later.

          “Hi.”  He said softly. 

        I couldn’t at all help the small smile that framed my lips.  He is so cute even if he didn’t even try. 

           “Hi,”  I whispered back. 

         His eyes fell on my lips and my eyes did the same before I realized that I shouldn’t be thinking about kissing him on the first date or any other day.  This is such a bad idea; my inner voice whispered the obvious. 

           “We should go,”  I said, conveniently breaking from whatever trance we were in. 

           He cleared his throat.  “Yeah.”  He switched on the engine and changed gears before driving. 

           It was silent for a few minutes before the obvious struck me.  “How did you even know where I lived?”  I asked.

         “Shanice, obviously.”  He said quickly like he had practiced it a few times. 

          “Obvi.”

         I turned towards the window and tried not to panic too much.  To be honest, Shiny herself doesn’t know where I exactly live as she had no time to visit me in my home with her busy schedule.  But she does know a general direction of where my house is at and to match, I had no idea where she lived.