SOS vs Sha of Fear

Start from the beginning

The monstrosity sat in the centre, seemingly content to wait for its hunters to arrive. It knew, it possessed some kind of twisted consciousness. It watched each of them at once with the thousands of eyes hidden in folds of fleshy cartilage that was its body.

Rainbow possessed a shudder. How were they supposed to fight that? She glanced at her companions, noting the wearied determination that each of them possessed. She couldn't blame them; her own energy was running low.

Kiarae echoed her thoughts. "How do you kill something that isn't supposed to exist at all?" The raid leader shifted her weight, folding her arms as she examined their final foe. "Blood, do you think you could just blow it apart with fire like you did with the Amber Shaper's shield?"

Blood shook his head, the purple witch hat atop his head almost falling off. "Nah, that was luck. The fuckin' shield was broken anyway."

Kiarae clicked her tongue. "Kay. Andro? Ray? Any ideas?"

Both of the tanks shrugged. Ray was the first to reply. "It looks really hard... Like I'll have to dance like I did on Will or something... I really wish I was still a druid, yano?"

"Yea, if only I knew how to use a shield," said Andro. "That could be useful. Holy, I don't suppose you can teach me really quickly...?"

Holy gave Andro an incredulous look. "I offered like, a month ago, and you're asking now?"

"Riggnaros wouldn't need a shield," Blood snickered.

"Wooooooow, Blood. Wooow--"

The argument was interrupted by Lei Shi. The elemental floated forward and held her arms out to the side. Was the guardian going to take on the Sha by herself? Rainbow wasn't the only one to grasp her weapon's hilt, but it was unnecessary.

Instead of engaging the Sha, droplets fell away from Lei Shi's figure and began to coalesce into fourteen globules of pure water. When they were about the size of a fist, they drifted through the air to rest in front of each person.

"Drink, it will replenish your energies. I... I can't do much to help you, I'm sorry," said Lei Shi. She turned to Andro, who had teamed up with Cora to kick a football at Ray while he tried to eat a piece of bread. "But I can give you Hope against the Fear."

Lei Shi's core ignited into a golden glow and she rushed to the centre of the platform. Kiarae started forward to stop her, but the elemental vanished. In her place, an orb of light floated just off the ground of the platform, directly in front of the Sha's mass.

"Damn it. That's one less thing we've got to work with. What is she even doing?" said Kiarae, obviously frustrated.

"I think we should stand in it," said Andro. Ray nodded in agreement. "It looks like a good thing to stand in."

Kiarae glared at them. "You don't stand in anything. That's the number #1 rule of raiding. Don't stand in the obvious bad stuff! This is why your healers hate you most of the time!"

Andro pouted. "But it's free vengeance!"

"Lei Shi created it, and it doesn't feel bad," said Holy. "It's a fortification spell, from the feel of it. It'll help us."

"Alright then! Pulling in 5..."

Everyone looked to Andro, weapons in hand and ready. The seconds passed, and the expected countdown ceased to happen.

"Uh, Andro?" said Kiarae. "Countdown?"

Andro gave Kiarae a blank stare for a long moment before the light came on in his head. "Oh shit, sorry. I got Tyrone'd. FOURTHREETWOONE--"