①③

Y/N bounced his leg up and down all throughout class. He couldn't help but be nervous from what Taguchi had told him. What were they even supposed to do with this information? There were so many thoughts running through his mind, and he couldn't even focus on the work sitting on his desk in front of him. 

Bokuto's constant glances at Y/N didn't help him at all. Y/N was not only thinking about what he and Taguchi were supposed to do, but he also was thinking of what Bokuto could possibly so antsy about. Bokuto was typically at least a little bit restless when he had to sit still during class, but it was worse than usual and it stood out to no one except for Y/N. 

When the bell finally rang for lunch, Y/N quickly gathered his things and went to go and find Taguchi. Bokuto had attempted to catch him before he left, but he was just barely too late. Bokuto watched with a slight pout on his lips as Y/N quickly walked down the hallways, frantically looking from side to side. 

"What's up, Bokuto? You seem sad." Yukie asked, gently patting Bokuto on the back.

"Well I was trying to talk to Y/N but he ran off before I got the chance." Bokuto continued to pout. 

"I think he normally spends his time on the roof during lunch, I've seen him up there a few times whenever he isn't with you." Yukie responded. 

Bokuto's eyes lit up. "Thanks Yukie! I'm gonna go talk to him right now!" Bokuto waved at Yukie as he rushed to the rooftop. He stopped in his tracks once he heard Y/N's and Taguchi's voices quietly discussing something through the door of the rooftop. 

"Well what are we even supposed to do now that we know this, Taguchi?" Y/N mumbled, sadness laced the tone of his voice. 

"I think that we should reach out to him." Taguchi responded quietly. 

"How do we even know that he's changed at all? We barely got to know him when we were kids so for all we know he's a horrible person." Y/N sighed. 

"Considering the things that he wrote in those letters that were addressed to us, I think he has. I think that he's actually ready to be a good parent now." Taguchi continued, "If anything then I doubt that he can be much worse than mom, plus we would only have to stay with him until we can graduate and get our own place." 

"We still have a few months before we graduate though, what if things go wrong, what are we meant to do then?" Y/N mumbled. 

"Our birthday is soon, once we're eighteen then we won't legally be bound to mom so we can technically leave, it just depends on what we do from there." Taguchi sighed. "We'll figure it out along the way, there's no way to fully tell what the future holds so we just have to wing it, I guess." 

"That's the one thing that I don't want to do, Taguchi." A sniffle could be heard from Y/N. "I don't like not having a plan. Every time we do something without a full plan something bad happens to one of us." 

"Well-" Taguchi paused. "What was that thing that grandpa always said? Wasn't it something like 'if something scares you then you just have to face it head on and punch it in the face'?" 

"I don't think he ever said that, Taguchi." Y/N let out a sad chuckle.

"Well he definitely said it to me!" Taguchi defended himself. "Anyways, we just have to face the future head on, I guess. There's no way to make a full plan since we don't know what the universe is gonna throw at us from here on out." Taguchi placed his hand onto Y/N's shoulder. "But I think we'll be alright. We've survived a lot of bullsh*t so far so I think that we can handle whatever the universe has in store." 

Y/N laughed. "I- I guess you're right Taguchi." Y/N sniffled once more. "I think that we'll probably be alright, or at least I hope that we will." 

After hearing that entire conversation, Bokuto still stood at the door to the rooftop, wondering whether or not he should really go and speak to Y/N. After a very short time of thinking, he decided to go and talk to Y/N. 

Bokuto pushed open the door to the rooftop and looked around, spotting Y/N and Taguchi sitting on the ground close to the railings surrounding the rooftop. "Hey Y/N!" Bokuto smiled, walking over to the twins. 

"Oh, hey Bokuto." Taguchi looked back and forth from Bokuto to Y/N. "You probably wanna talk with Y/N, so I'll leave you two be for a minute." Taguchi stood up and walked off towards the other end of the rooftop. 

Bokuto sat down next to Y/N. "So, why did you come up here? Don't you usually sit with Konoha and Yukie during lunch?" Y/N asked. 

"Yeah but I wanted to talk with you about something." Bokuto responded, a faint blush dusting over his cheeks as he thought of what he was meant to say. 

"Oh, what is it? Did I do something?" Y/N asked, his head tilting slightly to the side. 

Bokuto laughed. "You know, you act like a cute owl too." 

Y/N's face lit up in a bright red blush. "Wh-what do you mean?" 

"Do you remember that one time you told me that I acted a bit like an owl? Well you do it too!" Bokuto giggled. "I've noticed that you tilt your head to the side when you're confused sometimes." 

Y/N laughed. "Well your hair makes you look exactly like a great horned owl, how do you even get it to stick straight up like that?" 

"I guess it just takes a certain amount of talent to have hair like mine." Bokuto beamed. "You should see my friend Kuroo's hair, it's pretty weird, like half of it sticks straight up and half of it is down. I think he just wakes up like that too, which I guess makes sense since it looks like he has constant bedhead." 

The loud noise of the bell ringing made Y/N jump slightly where he was sitting. "Ah, well I guess we should get to class." 

Bokuto's eyes widened. "I completely forgot to tell you what I was supposed to say! Could you meet me after school today? It's really really important and I wanna make sure that I tell you as soon as possible." 

Y/N nodded with a gentle smile on his lips. "Of course, I'll see you then."