①⓪

Y/N typically did not feel scared, but he felt terrified now. He assumed that he would be safe at Bokuto's house, and yet his mother had found him and Taguchi. Y/N looked over to his shorter brother next to him and his eyes went wide.

Taguchi was about to lose it. Taguchi was furious. Taguchi assumed the same thing that Y/N did, and when Taguchi briefly glanced at Y/N's fearful expression, Taguchi's hands clenched into fists.

Y/N assumed that he was angry that their mother had been able to find them, but Taguchi was furious with himself. He had failed to protect Y/N from their mother as he typically did, and his mother standing in front of them with not even a scratch on face infuriated Taguchi. Taguchi thought that his mother deserved to be in so much pain for what she had done to hurt Y/N.

Y/N's hands interlaced with each other nervously, one hand gently tugging at the bandages wrapped around the other. His nervous habit of fidgeting with anything he was holding seemed to especially shine through with these now loose bandages wrapped around his arms and hands.

"Y/N, Taguchi, come on, let's go home now, okay? We don't want to bother these nice people anymore, now do we?" Their mother smiled, but both Taguchi and Y/N could practically feel her anger radiating from her.

"Y-yeah..." Y/N stuttered, his hands shaking nervously. 

"Great, then let's go-" Their mother started, but she was cut off by Junji slapping her in the face. 

"That's for hurting Y/N, and no, we're not going anywhere with you, bitch." Taguchi spat, before grabbing Y/N's hand and pulling him along as he ran out the door. 

"T-Taguchi!" Y/N shouted, trying to get Taguchi to slow down. 

"Taguchi! Y/N! Wait!" Their mother shouted, but her screams didn't seem to reach them. 

Bokuto's eyes widened. "Wait here, I'll go get them!" Bokuto began to run after the twins. 

"Kotaro..." Ms. Bokuto mumbled. She shook her head. "I'm so sorry about this, Ms. L/N, Kotaro is rather... impulsive at times." 

"It's no problem at all, at least it doesn't meat that I have to chase after those brats." Ms. L/N's eyebrows were furrowed in an annoyed expression, but the gentle smile placed on her lips and the soft tone of her voice stood in stark contrast of one another. 

A feeling of guilt washed over Ms. Bokuto, perhaps she had made a mistake of telling Ms. L/N that her children were staying at the Bokuto residence. She tried to swallow the feeling of guilt, but her conversation with Taguchi seemed to make its way to the forefront of her mind. She had truly made a grave mistake, and she felt horrible for it. 

Bokuto ran after the twins. Somehow the rush of adrenaline from Taguchi slapping his own rotten mother had given him enough strength to run at his full speed, which was surprisingly faster than Y/N's, even though Y/N was quite a bit taller than his brother. 

Taguchi, for some strange reason, lead them all back to the familiar park which they had been to so much over the past few days. In an attempt to lose Bokuto from their trail, Taguchi ran around the large tree, but he didn't account for his tall brother's clumsiness, so when his brother tripped over a tree root, Taguchi tripped over one as well. 

"Y/N! Taguchi!" Bokuto shouted, panting as he finally stopped running, his hands placed on his knees. 

The two twins were far more than out of breath, and a painful cramp was stinging at Taguchi's side, while Y/N's legs felt like jelly. A loud laugh erupted from Taguchi as he struggled to catch his breath. 

"W-why are you laughing?!" Y/N sat up, a clear expression of anxiety plastered across his face. 

"It- It's just-" A childish smile spread across Taguchi's lips. "I've wanted to do that for so long." The sense of child-like joy that seemed to radiate from Taguchi confused Bokuto. How did such a sense of child-like wonder and happiness come from such a negative thing? 

Y/N gritted his teeth, grabbing Taguchi by the collar of his shirt and looking him dead in the eyes. "You idiot." He mumbled. "How could you be so stupid?" 

"What...?" Taguchi's eyes were wide. "Shouldn't you be happy? She hurt you and then I hurt her. It's not as bad as what she did to you, but at least it's something..." 

Y/N's head turned towards the ground. "But now she's gonna be angry at you..." A sniffle was heard from the tall boy. "She's gonna be angry at you, and she's gonna hurt you, and it's all my fault." Y/N lifted his head, looking at Taguchi as tears streamed down the delicate features of his face. 

Bokuto sat next to Y/N's and pulled the taller boy into his strong, muscular arms. Y/N let out a small gasp, before turning around, gripping onto Bokuto's shirt, and crying into his shoulder. Bokuto gently ran his fingers through Y/N's hair, trying to calm him down. 

"It's okay, I'll figure something out, I won't let anyone hurt either of you..." Bokuto whispered in a comforting tone. Loud sobs were the only thing that Bokuto earned in response. Y/N tightened his grip onto Bokuto's shirt, terrified that if he let go Bokuto would disappear. 

A choked sob left Y/N. "Don't- don't leave- p-please..." Y/N's voice was weak, and he could barely even speak through his tears. 

Bokuto tightened his arms around Y/N, holding him even closer, until the grip on Bokuto's shirt loosened. Bokuto looked down to see that Y/N was asleep. Tears had stained his cheeks, and a gentle expression fell over his sleeping face. 

"I didn't know..." Taguchi mumbled. "I didn't know that he would be this upset... I didn't know that he was still in so- so much pain." Taguchi sniffled, "I thought that he was okay- I-" Tears began to run down Taguchi's face. "I should have done more to help him." 

"It's okay." Bokuto mumbled, "everything's gonna be okay." Bokuto buried his face in Y/N's hair. "I love you, and I'll find a way to make things better, Y/N." Bokuto whispered.