Bokuto let out an annoyed sigh as he slowly walked along the sidewalk. "I can't believe that practice was cancelled today! I was looking forward to it too." 

Bokuto stared up at the sky, trying to think of what he could possibly do to fill his spare time. He could study, but Bokuto hardly wanted to do something as boring as that. Not to mention that he had wanted to study with someone in particular if he had to do it at all. 

...

Earlier that day, Bokuto had been wandering the halls, searching for a tall h/c haired boy with terrible posture. When Bokuto had finally found him, he smiled as he watched the boy hurriedly trying to open his locker. Bokuto found this strange feeling of butterflies in his stomach as he watched the boy open his locker. 

The butterflies quickly disappeared as a hand slammed Y/N's locker shut, causing a loud noise. Bokuto felt the urge to rush over to Y/N, but he stopped himself when he heard someone speak up from behind him. 

"What are you doing, Bokuto-san?" Akaashi asked. 

"Hm? Oh, it's nothing, I was just trying to talk to Y/N, but I guess he's busy." Bokuto looked over to where Y/N was standing, only to watch him walk past with his head down, following behind the boy who had slammed his locker shut. 

"Is Y/N someone in your class?" Akaashi asked, trying to make conversation. 

"Yeah," Bokuto nodded, "he's really smart too, according to my teachers he has some of the highest test scores in the grade. I was gonna ask him if he could help me study sometime. I actually wanna keep my grades up this year since I don't wanna risk having to miss anything with volleyball in order to retake tests. I'm also a third year this year, so I guess that's also motivating me a bit." 

"Oh, well if you need help studying then I could always help out." Akaashi suggested. 

Bokuto shook his head. "No need, I mean, not for now at least, I'll ask Y/N whenever I get the chance, and if he says no then I might take you up on that offer." Bokuto laughed. 

...

Now, Bokuto looked in front of him as he heard seemingly frantic footsteps coming from in front of him. His eyes widened as he saw Y/N running towards him, not noticing that Bokuto wasn't too far ahead of him. 

"Hey, Y/N-" Bokuto started to speak, but he cut himself off as he saw Y/N trip, fall, and land directly on his face. 

Bokuto rushed over to Y/N to check and see if he was okay. "Hey hey hey! Are you alright? You took quite the fall there." 

Y/N let out a groan as he slowly lifted himself off of the ground, looking up and noticing Bokuto looking at him, tilting his head like a confused owl. "I-I'm fine." Y/N mumbled, "Of all the times for my shoe to come untied, of course it had to be now..." 

Bokuto laughed as he grabbed Y/N's hand, helping him up. "You seem like you're in a rush, are you running from someone or something?" 

Y/N hesitated, but he shook his head. "Just trying to get out of the house, I guess." 

Bokuto laughed at Y/N's response, assuming it was a joke, but his laughter quickly dissipated as he noticed Y/N's deadpan expression. "Well if you're trying to get out of the house, then why don't you go to the park with me?" 

A light blush dusted across Y/N's face. "U-uh, sure, I-I guess. I don't really have anything else to do right now..." Y/N stuttered.  

Bokuto smiled. "You know, you're actually pretty cute." 

Y/N's face lit up a bright shade of red, spreading throughout his cheeks and to the tips of his ears. "I-I have no idea what- what you're talking about." Y/N moved his arm to hide his face. 

Bokuto laughed, "Heh, sorry, didn't mean to embarrass you, but I was just speaking my mind." Bokuto took a small step closer to Y/N, noticing how Y/N was taller than him. "You know, you're pretty tall, you'd be a great middle blocker with that height." 

Y/N averted his eyes from Bokuto's figure. "I've never played as a middle blocker before, but I guess you might be right." 

Bokuto's eyes lit up at the mention of volleyball. "So you know how to play volleyball?" Y/N nodded, and Bokuto practically jumped out of pure excitement. "That's great! You should practice with me! We should go to the park and do that right now!" 

Bokuto grabbed Y/N's wrist and excitedly pulled him along to the park. "I mean- I don't mind practicing with you, I- I'm just not very good- a-and I haven't played in a while." Y/N stuttered as he tried to keep up with Bokuto. 

"Well then I'll help you get better! The more you practice the better you'll get!" Bokuto's bright smile practically blinded Y/N. It was as if he was staring directly into the sun. 

A small smile spread across Y/N's face while they ran to the park. The feeling of butterflies in his stomach bubbled up, and it made Y/N feel as though he was about to burst with all of his emotions, but he made sure to keep them all bottled up, just like how he was used too. 

Y/N shook his head, trying to get rid of the smile on his face, but the more he looked at Bokuto, the more his smile seemed to want to show. Y/N moved his hand to hold Bokuto's, instead of leaving Bokuto to drag him by the wrist. 

Y/N's thoughts revolved around Bokuto at that moment, nothing else seemed to be able to bother his mind at the moment. He's so cute... He looks like an owl, but his entire personality just reminds me of an excited puppy... it's nice... he's nice.