34; Confession.

SNIFFING, JANNAH WIPED her nose and then cleared her throat. She repeated the action again, her head pounding. "I'm sorry about your handkerchief" She said, her voice husky after having cried for about fifteen minutes straight. She had ruined his handkerchief and for a fact, she's sure he wouldn't want it back-who would want a snot filled and tears drenched handkerchief back?

Abdallah offered her a small smile. "Don't worry about it" He waved it off, handing her a bottle of water he had picked up. Thankfully, he always has one lying around. "You'd need this too" He passed on some pills.

Taking the water from him, her eyes narrowed slightly at the pills. "Are you trying to drug me or something?"

He held back his snicker. She sounded serious but he's sure she's just joking. "What will I do with you if I drug you, huh?" Who else would crack a joke after bawling her eyes out if not Jannah?

She shrugged, popping the water bottle open. "I don't know. Maybe you want to sell me or something"

"Well, in that case you have nothing to worry about"

"Oh, really? Why is that?"

This time around, he carefully chose his words not wanting to make the same mistake he made the other time. "Because no one would really want to buy you. You'd talk their ears off and your dramatic self will simply scare them away"

The corner of her lips quirked up slightly, "I feel so loved" She muttered sarcastically as she released a loud breath, sinking back in the plush seats of his car. She hadn't realized it earlier, but he had bought a new car and she certainly is loving it. Not to mention the interior is amazing! She wasn't a big fan of cars, but that doesn't mean she doesn't know a good one when she sees it.

"The pills?"

"Are they prescribed by a doctor?"

"Well, last time I checked, I'm one" He may not have been acknowledging it, but he is thinking about getting a full time job as a doctor and not part time like he has been doing over the years. It would be a waste of all the trouble he had been through if he doesn't get a job as one. "And you're one too, so..."

"Fair enough" She took the pills for headache from him, for she could already feel the throbbing in her head becoming worse. After taking the pills, she flickered her eyes closed and allowed her shoulders to slump. In the back of her mind, she is well aware that her shift isn't over and because of that, she needs to head back.

However, that's the last thing she wants. She didn't want to go back there and face the people there.

Abdallah stared at her with a small smile on his face. He has been denying it, but slowly, he is coming to accept that this girl matters a lot to him. She matters so much that he can't even imagine his life without her. He would go to the ends of the earth, if it means he gets to see her looking happy.

At the moment, despite what she just went through, he was grateful to have her close to him like that. No, he wasn't having any haram thoughts. He respects her too much to even think of her in that light. However, he couldn't deny that he wants to do anything he can to stop her from this marriage she wants to get herself in.

The thought dampened his mood, making his smile fall.

"You know; you shouldn't have treated Nahla that way" Her voice came softly. She still had her eyes close and still hasn't moved an inch from her position. However, they both knew her words were directed towards him.

If possible, Abdallah's frown deepened.

"I know you were only trying to help me. But seriously, you shouldn't have done that" She felt like he shouldn't have stated her marital issues out in the open like that. It wasn't fair to the girl too. Those were her issues, personal issues and he had no right to put it out in the open.