"So, Ariana, what are you doing today?" Niall asked, looking down at me with his goofy, crooked smile.

His smile was contagious, and I mirrored it before saying, "I have work at eight until two in the morning at the bar."

            He hesitated, "That sucks."

            "Well, what are ya going to do?" I asked sarcastically, and sighed. "It does suck, though. Working in a bar has to be one of the worst places I've worked - especially the late night shifts."

            "Why don't you quit?" He questioned. "I mean, if you really don't like it."

            I glanced over at him, kind of embarrassed. "It's good money."

            He nodded, and we were enveloped in a silence. It wasn't uncomfortable nor was it expected, but I couldn't help but think about our new friendship, that he hadn't been acting rude and cold to me lately. I could only wonder what changed to make this drastic difference.

NIALLS POV

            After hanging out with Ariana, I went to Louis' house, looking for something to do for the rest of the day. I walked inside to see Zayn and Louis with a beer in their hands watching the football game, which caught my interest quickly. I grabbed one for myself and flopped on the couch beside the two boys.

            "Hey, Nialler," Louis acknowledged, eyes glued on the screen. "Did you take that girl home last night? What was her name? Gia?"

            I knew what he was talking about - the girl I had met at the bar across town last night who was all over me all night. I remembered waking up this morning in my own bed without the presence of any other woman, which was mainly Ariana's fault.

            I've 'dated' people before, but never stopped going to the bars and meeting new girls. But Ariana was different - I felt like I couldn't do that to such a kind hearted person, and even if I did do it, I still would feel bad about myself. Ariana was... special. She wasn't the kind of girl you could betray easily.

            "No," I told them after a moment of thinking about it. "No, I didn't."

            This got their attention from the screens to my face as Zayn smirked and asked, "Does it have something to do with Ariana?"

            I slugged him in the arm. "No, shut up."

            They saw the falter in my voice and Louis chuckled. "It's alright to admit it, man. She's gorgeous - hell, if you don't date her, I know four boys that will."

            I shot him a glare. "I get it."

            They laid off and started watching the game again. I glanced at my phone and, before I could stop myself, I was texting different girls, seeing when they could come over to my flat. Ariana and I never even kissed, anyway, and a guy has needs. Five minutes later, I was out the door on my way to meet Brooke for a quick reminder who I really am, not who this girl is making me become.

~*~

            I was lying in bed beside Brooke when I heard a car pull up the next morning. I glanced out the window and dismissed it before doing a double take to see Ariana getting out of the car. I jumped up from the bed immediately and scrambled to dress myself, throwing all Brooke's clothes that littered my floor that I could gather from the floor at her sleeping body.

            "Fuck, shit, fuck," I muttered, speedily trying to dress myself before turning and shaking Brooke's arm vigorously. "Get up, Brooke!"