Chapter Four

I glanced down at my phone to check the numbers in my notes on my phone before looking back up and confirming that I was here, this was the house, and this was the party. I tried to look as cool and confident as I know the boys wanted me to feel, but as I was walking up the stone walkway and into the house of Harry Styles, I had never felt more out of place. I could hear deafeningly loud music from behind the door, and decided they wouldn't hear me if I knocked, so I went in.

The instant smell of booze hit me like a truck while I walked in and slid through some people - some drunk, some dancing, some laughing - and attempted to take refuge in the kitchen, where two kegs and a cooler were sitting. I caught a glimpse of myself in the reflection of my phone screen, seeing my blown-out straight brown hair and my face, which probably had too much makeup on.

Per the boys request, I was wearing a dress they bought me. It was a tight red dress that had cut outs in the back and only reached inches below my underwear, but the boys went on and on about girls at parties in red dresses and I knew I would be forced into wearing it. I reached for a red solo cup, but as I did, a different hand shot out and took it from me. I looked up and saw an attractive brown haired green eyed guy with a muscular build and a better-than-Zac-Efron face (which doesn't happen often) and he flashed me a white smile.

"You want a beer?" He asked loudly, trying to be heard over the music.

I nodded and smiled back at him, too aware that my smile didn't come close to being as brilliant as his. When he handed it to me, I said, "Thanks," in lack of not knowing what else to say.

He filled up his own cup and leaned against the counter next to me. "No problem. I'm Mac."

I took a sip. "I'm Ariana. Are you a friend of Harry's?"

"A friend of Josh's, actually," He said, and noticed my look of confusion and elaborated. "He's the drummer for their band. What about you?"

"I'm a friend of the boys,"

"Figures."

My brow furrowed. "What?"

He smirked, and gave me a once over. "You're gorgeous. They keep the most good looking company... clearly you're no exception."

I blushed and took a sip of my drink, thinking of how I'm here to seduce Niall and here this other guy is who I actually could like, being nice to me and getting me drinks and calling me beautiful...

"So, Andrea, do you want to get out of here? I have a really nice condo down the street where we could, you know, be alone..."

And that was the end of that.

I smiled, said goodbye, and walked away. Andrea? Really? I walked around for a few minutes, mostly looking for the other boys to keep me company, but a big part of me wanted to go someplace quiet and sit for a little. I was never a big party goer, and this was definitely a big party. I squeezed my way up the stairs of the oversized apartment and knocked on the doors until I heard silence as a response.

I opened up the door slowly, and looked inside. Empty. With a sigh of relief, I drank the rest of my drink and set it down on the night stand, looking around the room. At first, I thought it was a guest bedroom, but the more I looked around, the more I realized it was Harry's. Plain walls except for a few hanging posters, the world's biggest closet for hats, and a picture of Harry and his mom on his night stand.

I smiled at the photo, and went to pick it up before I heard a door close behind me. I jumped, and turned around, fumbling to put the photo back when I looked up and saw Niall. He looked at me peculiarly and took a few steps inside the room, brow raised and eyes locked on the photo I was holding in my hands.