The pain splitting her back was momentarily forgotten as she focused her attention on the queen size bed.

"Almost there." She whispered.

By the time she got to the side of the bed she realized that she'd be unable to climb unto it. She struggled and collapsed back unto the ground as she did her best to climb on with nothing but her upper body strength but truth was that she really had none. Her head hit the ground hard when she landed backwards and defeat sunk in as she simply pulled the sheets off the bed and wrapped her tired body into them.

She took a deep breath and inhaled them deeply, letting the fresh scent invade every part of her lungs as she closed her eyes and smiled. At least she made it up here, without a wheel chair and without anyone's help. Sure her back hurt like hell but her heart was comforted. Shed put up with back pain so long as her heart didn't have to endure another second of loneliness.

"That's my girl." Her mother would have said.

She grinned as she felt the soft fabric under her palms and snuggled her face into them.

**************

"I think it's a good idea Max, why don't you move out here. Everything is a lot calmer and peaceful." Alex said.

Max paced his living room trying to sound out the loud music Izzy had playing in the background. Her uneven high pitched voice didn't seem to help either as he turned over his shoulder to watch her cook. He chuckled but hurried out the front door to sit outside his door steps.

"I'll think about it Alex, I have my construction business here and it's only been running for two years. Plus my wedding is a month away and Izzy seems to love Journey." He replied.

"You don't need to tell me I can hear her." Alex chuckled.

"Yep she is in her cooking mode at the moment, so I don't want to interrupt her. She cooks a damn good meal."

"With your appetite I'm surprised she doesn't grow tired of slaving over a hot stove." Alex retorted.

"Maybe someday, for the moment she can't complain about my physical. The food she cooks only stores up in muscle." He bragged.

"Well I'll let you bask in your time with the wife, don't forget that four months from now you will be standing next to me at the altar." He replied.

"I'll be there and so will Izzy."

"Victoria was actually considering having Jenny as her maid of honor, seeing that she knows no one and she was the one to stick by her through this whole ordeal." Alex went on to say.

"Alex, Jenny won't be able to stand next to Vicky...s-she's crippled." Max stuttered.

"I thought she had pulled through?"

"No, didn't Vicky tell you that?"

"The last time she saw her Jenny had told Vicky that everything would be okay and she would make a full recovery. The poor girl is crippled?" Alex asked.

"Izzy and I went to see her yesterday...she told us that she would never be able to walk again." he muttered.

"Wow, that's really sad, I'll make sure to tell Vicky about that." Alex said.

"Sure, but she has a lot of support from her family and friends you really shouldn't worry your fiancée about that." He cut in.

"Well. Alright then, but I still hope her all the best, be sure to tell her that." Alex replied.

"Sure thing."

They said their goodbyes and then the line went dead as Izzy's voice suddenly stopped. He pushed past the front door and made his way into the kitchen to find his girlfriend answering her phone.