Chapter(8)

Logan

I just stood there and stared. She ran away from me. Why? Are we playing hard to get? I smirked. If my mate enjoyed the chase I was fully obliged to give it to her, and for her sake I hope she could run fast.

My little tease of a mate. She was gorgeous, I can't wait to meet her. Walking to my car I caught more of her enticing scent. It made me calm to inhale it knowing she was comfortable and safe in my pack and my territory. I'd find her soon enough.

Finally, the other love of my life. My beautiful car, when I do meet my mate there is going to be some major jealousy issues. I hopped in and took off towards home wondering if I might catch her before she evades me yet again. Only a couple minutes later I pull up. Parking my car against the curb I got out ready to start my hunt, only to be pulled into a hug from by my mother.

"Hi, Honey how was school?'

"Same old same old, boring." I respond trying to get to the task at hand.

"So you haven't found your mate yet then?" she questioned. I guess I should tell her so I can sooner present my mate in person. I could feel my wolf beginning to rise to the surface.

"Yes I did not long ago."

Her face was one of pure excitement, mock rage, and shock at the same time. "WHAT! Why didn't you tell me!"

"Because I have yet to meet her! I've caught her scent scarcely a few times in the house and all around the hallways at school today"

"Well have you seen her? What was she wearing? Maybe I know who it is?"

My mom got this twinkle in her eye like she knew something but it was gone before I could question it.

"I saw her earlier, well her backside and she must've smelled my scent cause' she ran off like a bat out of hell."

"She must not be ready yet or she's just confused. So what did she look like?"

By now we were already inside the house and walking towards the living room.

"She was beautiful from what I saw. Long brown curly hair. Black jeans a blouse and converse."

Mom got a thinking look on her face then she smirked at me. My own mother smirked at me.

"What? do you know her?"

"Maybe but don't get your hopes up lover boy, I'm not telling you who. That's up for fate to decide when you meet her."

I growled in frustration but chose to leave it knowing she wouldn't budge. I got up from the couch we were sitting on and grumbled uncoherently all the way up to my room.

Moms never play fair.

Annabelle

I was speeding off to the library I needed to know what was wrong with me. This cannot be normal. And maybe I should do some research on intriguing scents while i'm at it. I don't know who has been stalking me all day but it's starting to get on my nerves. Hopefully, it's not a hunter or anything.

A hunter is a subdued werewolf, who can't shift and has, for the most part, hatred towards all werewolves that can shift. They use all of our weaknesses against us with no care to the fact that it hurts them also. They have all the perks we do minus the wolf. Adept hearing, sight, and smell, along with healing and speed. It only adds to the complexity of killing them, but we have our wolves.

"That's right" Isabelle chirped.

"How nice of you to make an appearance?"

"What would be nice is going for a run, want to take me out for one?"

" Maybe, when you get here."

"YES! SCORE!"

Happy and confused I tried to block her out. My brain kept repeating, not normal! Not normal! She's been showing up more and more and it almost seems like she's growing in strength.

Pulling up into the library I search for an empty parking spot. Once, I find one I park the car and climb out. My nerves are all bundeled up in the pit of my stomach. Hopefully, I can find some useful information and not something that will scare the crap out of me, like the possibility of some rare werewolf disease. That thought sent shivers of unease down my spine.

Breath in and out. I opened the front doors and walked in not knowing what i'd find. Walking down the isles I went to the largest section which is on our most sacred: Mates. Fortunately this isn't just some human library this is the pack library that only us werewolves know the location of. Looking at all the different books:

Human/Werewolf Bonds

Werewolf/Werewolf Bonds

Marking

Completing The Bond

Second Chance Mate

Finding Your Mate

I decide to grab a stack of as many as I can carry and start with the basics. For most of us it's easy to find your other half when you've already shifted and have access to things like scent at your disposal. Just because I'm finding one in particular appetizing I'd hate to be wrong and embarrass myself. I need to be absolutely positive.

Scents:

A werewolf can usually find their mate based on a certain scent. For example, if a male werewolf likes freesia their mate might smell distinctly close to that. A werewolf's most prized possession is a mate. The first step in the mating process, also the most helpful in finding a mate, is their scent. When finding a mate the scent will appeal to the other.

I don't pick up on distinct scents yet but there is no denying the attraction and pull I feel when I catch his. I have to hope that I'm not wrong and that this I'd in fact my mate. And now I feel terribly thinking on how I ran away from him earlier. No more holding back now that I know.

Getting back up I was walking past all the different rows when something caught my eye, it shimmered dimly beneath the lights. Walking in the general direction I see a silver book, picking up the book I read the cover.

Myths and Mysteries: The Destined One.

I open the first page.

The destined wolf is one that has been foretold since the beginning. Pocessing special powers that only they alone can harness and control. Many will try to take advantage of these powers. What powers they will contain are unknown, but what we do know: will be very powerful.

Once, this wolf produces it's first heir they will pass on the powers to them, and with each generation they will gain a new and more powerful skill. The story of the Destined wolf is not a happy one; professed to deal many a hardships. The mate of the Destined will be of great power, not greater than the Destined, but of great tenacity and courage. The Pura Lupas the rarity of our kind, will serve as the protectors. The Destined wolf will emerge soon and with the burden comes many blessings.

Feeling chills roll from the crown of my head to the bottom of my toes I decide to put the book back. Realizing I never really got any answers about why I can hear my wolf I chalk it up to the fact it's because I'm about to meet my mate. I don't feel comfortable being in this creepy corner of the library and run out before the librarian can say have a nice day. Anxiety ridden and exhausted I can't wait for the comfort of my bed.