Chapter(34)

Annabelle

The grin that I had on my face seemed to be plastered there. Me and my newly discovered family have been talking for the past couple of hours, it was now around midnight. My shoulders felt a little lighter as I made my way to my room. Mom, Dad and Bryce were going to stay here for a couple days. I haven't decided if I want to go to the palace with them or not, so Mom said I had a couple days to decide. I felt my eyes drooping and decided to sleep, I stripped down to my underwear and got into an over sized t-shirt. The moment my head hit the pillow my eyes shut.

*Dream*

I recognised the meadow I was now in. It was during the day, butterflies were fluttering around the yellow and white daises scattered in the meadow, and birds chirped from the trees. I appeared to be sitting on the grass with my legs crossed. I saw the 'Moon Goddess' walking over to me with a smile on her face.

"Please call me, Eyra, it's one of my many names."

"Okay, Eyra, why did you call me through this dream." I asked her.

"I wanted to say, thank you. Colton is happy and it's because you were able to let him go." 

She was looking off in the direction behind me, I turned. The sight before me made me smile. Two wolves were chasing each other happily in wolf form. I recognised Colton's white wolf with his hazel eyes shining with happiness. He was chasing after a deep chocolate brown wolf, she had stunning aquamarine eyes that seemed to pop in her wolf form. She was beautiful, I knew this was his mate, and it made me happy that he was ok. The two wolves stopped playing and Colton looked over at me in wolf form. Colton appeared in front of me in human form, he smiled.

"Hi, Annabelle." I smiled.

I stood up and Colton quickly pulled me into a hug. Their was a girl with short brown hair that waved past her face to her shoulders, she had the same blue eyes as the wolf earlier. This was Colton's mate.

"She's beautiful." Colton smiled at my words.

"I know, you two would have been great friends." I smiled at the girl over Colton's shoulder and she returned the gesture.

"Annabelle, I've been watching over you. You have to understand that i'm happy. Let me go. It wasn't your fault."

"Colton i'm sorry." My eyes began to tear up. He shook his head.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, it was my time. Remember your promise Annabelle. You can be happy again." Colton kissed me lightly on my forehead before walking away hand in hand with his mate.

Eyra walked in my line of sight and smiled softly.

"Goodbye child, I see great things in your future." 

Pictures flashed before my eyes. Logan holding my hand at a beautiful beach. Me rubbing my swollen belly with a smiling Logan lingering. Bryce meeting his mate and me being able to witness my brother's happiness. A beautiful diamond crown being placed on my head. The last picture. A small little girl and boy playing in a garden full of multi-colored roses with a fountain nearby. The images washed away. 

*end*

My eyes flew open. Pants were coming in and out of my mouth. My heartbeat was erratic. Was that all real? Could my life really be like that? The two children lingered in my mind. I looked out to the french doors that lead to my balcony.It was now early morning and the sun was beginning to rise. Climbing out of my sheets, I opened the doors and let the crisp air of the morning bite at my skin. I leaned my elbows on the railings and closed my eyes. I inhaled deeply. Is that what I wanted? A happy life with Logan? The more important question though. Was would I give him a second chance? The answer almost threw me off my calm. It popped into my head without thought.