𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 7 : 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐈𝐓𝐄

"oh, baby

"oh, baby. oh, man."

─────────

Lucas managed to calm Nina down and got her sitting on the couch. She explained what Billy told her in the void, getting scared even just thinking about it.

"He said he was building something. That it was all for me and El."

"Building something..." Max said. "Is he talking about the flayed?"

"He must be."

"So, he's building an army, just like we thought."

"Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread."

"He's building it to stop Nine and Eleven."

"Last year, El and Nina closed the gate on him. I have a feeling that really pissed him off."

"Like, royally."

"And the Mind Flayer now knows that Nina is the only thing that can stop him and El can close the gate. Nina can teleport. She can literally teleport between dimensions. But if they're out of the way—"

"Game over."

"He also said he was gonna kill all of you," Nina said while grabbing Lucas' hand.

"Yeah, well, that's nice."

Nancy heard a faint screeching noise and went to the window.
"Do you guys hear that?" She asked.

"It's just the fireworks," Jonathan tried reassuring her.

"Billy... When he told you this, it was here, in this room?" Nancy asked Nina as she nodded.

Will felt it. He felt the feeling again. He was there.

"He knows we're here."

They all rushed outside to see if they could see something. Luckily enough, they did. They saw him.

The Mind Flayer.

Nancy and Jonathan went to go get stuff while everyone else was boarding up the house.

"Hey, get away from the windows," Nancy told the kids.

They all stood there, scared out of their minds. Nina and Eleven most of all. There was rumbling and stuff falling off the tables.