𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 3 : 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄𝐆𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐃

"under pressure

"under pressure."

─────────

The girls had gone back to the cabin. Max was planning to sleep over, even though there wasn't much room.

Speaking of Max, she was currently dancing around the room with a hairbrush in hand, singing along to Madonna, while Nina and El were looking through magazines.

El flipped through pages until she landed on a photo of Ralph Macchio.

"Oh, you found Ralph Macchio," Max saw.

"Macchio?"

"Yeah, he's the Karate Kid," Max spoke, landing her hand down as a karate move. "He's so hot, right? I bet he's an amazing kisser, too."

Nina nudged Max's arm and they both giggled a little.

"Hey, uh... Is Mike a good kisser?" Max asked as she sat on El's bed next to Nina.

"I don't know. He's my first boyfriend."

"Ex-boyfriend," Max corrected. El's face fell, signaling that she somewhat missed him. "Hey, don't worry about it. Okay? He'll come crawling back to you in no time, begging for forgiveness. I guarantee you, him and Lucas are, like, totally wallowing in self pity and misery right now. They're like, 'Oh, I hope they take us back.'"

"But I didn't break up with Lucas," Nina said as laughter started to subside.

"Knowing Lucas, he probably thinks you did," Max said as she shrugged her shoulders. "God, what I wouldn't give to see their stupid faces," Max finished as El and Nina shared a look. "What is it?"

"We can see them."

El grabbed a radio, setting it on static. Nina grabbed their two blindfolds, handing one to El.

"Is this really gonna work?" Max asked as they tied their blindfolds on their heads and nodded. "Holy shit, this is insane."

"Max."
"Yeah, quiet. I'm sorry."

Nina opened her eyes, seeing that she was in Mike Wheeler's basement. The first voice she heard was her own boyfriend, Lucas.

"Do I have to go through this again?"

"We see them," El announced. Nina could feel Max's presence get closer to the two girls.