𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 2 : 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐊 𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓, 𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊

"when there's something strange in the neighborhood, who you gonna call?

─────────

"Goodbye, Lucas," was the last sentence Nine had said to him before killing the Demogorgon with Eleven.

Nine had woken up in a dark environment, coughing up water with dried, crusted blood on her lip. She got up, seeing the classroom where everything had went down. She looked around, seeing Eleven still passed out on the floor.

"El?" She questioned. "El? El, wake up. Eleven. El—"

Eleven gasped, immediately sitting up and looking at Nine. With Nina's help, she got up, confused by everything.

They walked out of the classroom, seeing more vines and everything around the school.

"Lucas?" Nine questioned.

She continued to walk around the school as Eleven went the other way.

"Lucas? Lucas? Lucas! Lucas! Lucas!"

"Nina!" She heard Eleven yell. "Over here!"

Nine walked over to Eleven, seeing what she was seeing. A gate. On the other side was the place they called home. They saw soldiers looking through it, almost catching Nine and Eleven, but they managed to hide on either side of the gate.

Eleven and Nine reached one of their arms out, breaking the goo as their arms went into the normal side. They took their hands back to the Upside Down, looking at them. Eleven looked at Nine, giving her a silent signal to stand behind her. She did so as Eleven used her powers and made the gate bigger so they could fit through it.

Eleven broke through the goo once more, falling down as she returned to the normal side. She got up, panting, telling Nine to come through. She walked through the gate, feeling the air become colder as she left the Upside Down. They looked around, seeing trials of blood from the people that they had killed just hours prior.

They made no noise as they left Hawkins Middle and made their way to the Wheeler House.

When they got there, they saw police cars surrounding the house. And inside was a completely different tension than outside.

"What about the Russians?" Mrs. Wheeler asked a solider. "What if they come looking for the girls?"

"They don't know where they are."