𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 4 : 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐔𝐍𝐀 𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐓

"lord, what you're doing to me?"

─────────

"Which one?" Max asked.

El just shrugged her shoulders. She didn't really care. She was more worried about Heather and Billy.

"Hey, there's nothing to worry about anymore, okay?" Max said, trying to comfort the girl.

"It doesn't make sense," Nina finally spoke after being silent for a while.

"What doesn't make sense?"

"Heather. The blood. The ice."

"Heather had a fever, so she took a cold bath, but she's better now," Max tried to simply explain. "That has to be it."

"El, Nina, we don't know where the blood came from, but... we saw her. We all saw her. She's totally fine," Max said.

"What about Billy?" El asked.

"What about him?"

"He seemed wrong."

"Wrong is kind of like his default. But it's good to know he's not a murderer, because that would've totally sucked."

El and Nina kind of chuckled at that. But who knows? Billy still could be a murderer.
El looked at the comic Wonder Woman. She pointed at it and asked, "Who... is that?"

"See, this is why you can't just hang out with Mike all the time. This is Wonder Woman. AKA Princess Diana. She's from Paradise Island, which is, like, this hidden island where there are only women Amazon warriors."

Then they fell asleep.

-

They got woken up by Max's walkie. It was loud, and it was Lucas' voice.

"Do you copy? This is a code red. I repeat, this is a code red. Max. Do you copy?" Lucas said.

Max grabbed the walkie and said,
"Shut up."

And turned it off. She turned back, trying to go back to sleep.

Then the phone started ringing.

"You've got to be kidding me," Max complained. She got up, going over to the phone.

"I'm sleeping. Go away."